LotFP Weekly.......2 thumbs up!!

jageorge72

Dec 13, 2001
Altoona, PA
Visit site
Have you people checked out Lamentations of the Flame Princess Weekly yet? It's not too often I come across something I think is worth sharing with everyone......but this thing is pretty damn awesome. Jim Raggi has scrapped his (somewhat) quarterly release of his killer Lamentations 'zine, in favor of this weekly newsletter. If you're not familiar with his work.....definately check it out, as he is easily one of the most honest & dedicated people in the metal scene. The newsletter contains 8 pages of interviews, reviews, news, editorials, etc..

The newsletter focuses on QUALITY metal. (Such as Opeth, Katatonia, Vintersorg, Devin Townsend, Novembre, Lilitu......bands of that caliber) Since I'm rather picky about what I spend my money on, I've found this to be the absolute best resource for discovering new bands. Most importantly, all the info is UP TO DATE. I've been a Metal Maniacs subscriber for as long as I can remember, but this weekly newsletter crushes Maniacs. (.....for content & timeliness, not appearance).

This is the best dollar I spend each week. Seriously....think about how many stupid things you blow a buck on during the course of a week!! This thing makes great reading while on the toilet, eating, in bed, at work, etc.. Give it a try.....you won't be disappointed! I have all 13 issues of this thing so far and am 100% satisfied.

Go to the Lamentations site & read Jim's "About LotFP". Makes you think a bit.....about why this thing is actually worth your money. There are also different subscription plans & some incentives for referring other subscribers. Go here:

http://lotfp.cjb.net

Also, check out the message board. There aren't a lot of people there yet, but it would be nice to converse with some like-minded metalheads that demand quality!