Loudness

WHAAA!!! talking about Loudness!!
In 1999 we met them here in Tilburg.
They were eating at amigo's, a mexican restaurant.
I was like " huh, japanese people in a mexican restaurant"?
No shit, it's Akira from Loudness!!!! :eek:
I started to laugh and right at that moment, he looked me right in the eye, so Stan couldn't resist and asked if he was who he thought he was.
" Yes, yes...you lecognise me"...holland is nice countly, vely good food :D
Haha! the rest of the pack was looking at us like we were ghosts or something..they thought their undercover was good enough...gna gna gna }:>
Nah, Akira almost stood up from his chair.."you want autoglaph flom me?" Nah, stay put tiny, it's ok ;)
Haha, weird place to meet those dudes, but it was ok. They were having fun and we laughed with them, although i had a hard time to understand these guys. (and i thought being european was the best excuse for talking bad english...these guys are even worse).
We left earlier them them, they were starting to get drunk...and i don't wanna know how it feels to get a drunk japanese all over me ;) hihi... nah, just kidding, they were just there having a good time and it was pure coincidence we bumped in to those guys.

xxx Iris xxx

Nope, never saw them live before, i only have a few songs of Loudness, we just recognised them...

xxx Iris xxx

Man forget Loudness. The Top Japanese Metal band now is Sex Machineguns!! Thank god I get to travel for work otherwise I wouldn't find about those guys. X japan was great too but they were more "Visual shock" as the japanese phrased it.

Originally posted by IntoThePiT
Wow... at first i thought you were joking, Lol japanesse Hair metal band.Until you posted the pix, i dunno why but when i picture japan i picture.... video games, not shredders =P

Well, there's a certain misconception about the 80s by those that were not there to live it. The hairstyle you see in the loudness pictures were not just sported by glam bands but also by bands that had a much harder metal style.

For example it was also worn be Dave Ellison from Megadeth. Now you would not want to call Megadeth a hairband?

A hair metal band is often taken as a synomyn for glam metal. But a lot of 80s band wore that typical 80s hair style. Because it was the general hair fasion of those day's.

So what I am saying is, even though some bands may look in the eyes of today like an 80s glam band it does not follow that they really were.

Loudness played fast shredding, metal. They were not a glam band. You can call them what you like of course. But when you call them a hair metal band, and this term was completly unknown in the 80s, it does not have to mean they were an 80s glam metal band.

All of this comes from judging the 80s by the standards of this time. And as an historian I can tell you that that is the most unhistorical and therefore wrong thing you can do with history.

Loudness were shredders! Infact they were among the best shredding bands of the 80s. Go and listen to their albums :headbang: