Love it or Hate it, go stream Opeth's new album for free

The only thing is I don't think Mike's vocals fit with the music for some reason. It's pretty bland. If it were an instrumental album it would've been better.

I'll take this one over that massive shit they called an album back in 2005...I don't even remember the name of it it was so terrible.

Are you talking about Ghost Reveries? Because it had plenty of good songs. Damnation on the other hand put me to sleep about as quickly as this album; but even that album was slightly better than this.

And I would much rather listen to this if I must listen to "proggy prog".

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Leprous is Ihsahn’s live band too. They sound like a much less boring and pretentious Dream Theater combined with Faith No More, heavier Blind Guardian and maybe even some Cellophane with an Opeth undercurrent throughout.

this is one of those times where I wish there was a like button on these forums
Actually...it is possible. It requires tweaking though.

I'll take this one over that massive shit they called an album back in 2005...I don't even remember the name of it it was so terrible.

Oh hell naw. Ghost Reveries was actually enjoyable. Harlequin Forest kicked ass. Hell, most of that record was great.

Heritage...yeah not a fan. Not a single growl on the record? Wtf, mang. Not only that, its boring and prog for the sake of it instead of you know, actually progression? Im very disappointed in this record. Its a good thing i janked it off the interwebz.

Guys, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I'm telling you... Wait for a rainy day, go outside or sit next to a window and listen to Damnation. I promise it will hit you.

Nope, the songwriting isn't shitty. It's just that if I wanted to listen to Porcupine Tree (usually not), I'd listen to Porcupine Tree instead of an album that was mislabeled as "Opeth". Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy Face of Melinda and Credence quite a bit, but I just can't stand to listen to an entire album that is nothing but that. Pretty much in the same way that I can't tolerate nothing but straight cookie monster vocals in typical Death metal albums.

I have a feeling it's going to be like their Damnation tour, where the only old songs they play are the non-metal ones.