Loveable Cuddly Pet Dog Thread (RANCH)

Pet dog kills 5-week-old infant

Wednesday, October 6, 2004 Posted: 8:00 AM EDT (1200 GMT)

JACKSONVILLE, Florida (AP) -- A 5-week-old baby left alone by his grandmother died after being mauled by the family dog.

Jose Diaz was on a bed Tuesday when the dog jumped up and attacked him. Police believe a 7-year-old mutt hurt the boy, though officers also found two other dogs in the house.

The baby had bites on his face and head when his parents, both 19, brought him to a fire station after the attack. He was taken by helicopter to Shands Jacksonville hospital, where he later died.

Sun Woodjinski, 49, was supposed to be baby-sitting the boy. The baby's mother, Jennifer Woodjinski, was working at a nearby Taco Bell and his father, Albert Diaz, did yardwork.

The mutt belonged to Jennifer Woodjinski, but she left the dog at her mother's home when she moved away and had her baby.

Homicide detectives were investigating, but it appeared the death was accidental, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office spokesman Ken Jefferson said. It was unclear what would be done with the dogs.

now i would like to know if the inspectors and police noticed any other babies in the vicinity. i'm no fan of dogs but they are total scapegoat 2k4

lest we forget:

Toddler mauled in biting frenzy
Posted Mon, 27 Oct 2003

A Croatian woman has been charged with negligence after a 13-month-old toddler was badly mauled in a biting attack by other babies at a kindergarten, police said on Monday.

The attack occured when the woman, identified only as D. C., allegedly left 14 children alone while she changed a nappy in another room at the kindergarten in the coastal town of Lovran, police said.

While she was gone one of the babies, France Simic, received 30 bite wounds all over his body as the other children set upon him, police said.

Police said investigations were underway but it was not clear what prompted the babies to attack.

i mean come on let's give a room full of preschoolers handguns and then be like 'i am shocked they all started firing the guns off!'

i'm glad to hear that Avi is opposed to restrictions on guns, because guns don't kill people, irresponsible people kill people.

i can't wait for my very own Tavor!

actually it's more like treating dogs like they're animals.
people (the other animals) are still way more dangerous and crazy.

dogs are way more fun being born morally bankrupty and denying a one god universe as far as i am concerned, than humans who just make a decision to be a-holes all the time and then blame god and dogs for everything else.

I do some volunteer work at an animal rescue. To stay sane, I've started a policy of walking out when people do something "special."