Low F content- Mix Critic ( axe fx. sd.2, etc)

snerklepod

New Metal Member
Apr 10, 2012
heres a quick section of a song im working on Ive never utilized a tuning this low before and dont really know what im doing haha. heres my mix https://soundcloud.com/tsukihime/low-f-test
as of now it lacks bass due to the fact that well, my bass was thrown from my window. not even kidding. Everything is axe fx 2 and sd 2.0 stock. Thanks

Please elaborate on the issue with the drums. I've always felt those were weakest. And yup ill be posting that shortly

It kinda sounds like the drums are playing a different song. Try and match the kicks to the chugs and whatnot.

The rhythms sound OK, but they could be much more upfront and beefier. I´m not on studio monitors right now, so it´s hard to tell, since your bass was thrown out of the window (would like to hear some details on that haha!). But the rhythms would probably sound better with a bass going. The lead guitar doesn´t really fit in, imo. Sounds like it´s out of tune/playing wrong notes. Get those drums to lock up with the guitars!!!

Ok thanks for the help guys! I'll make my guitars a tad louder,fix the drums , and try and get a bass. Also would pitch shifting a di of a guitar work then reamping it for bass simulation?