LTD Bass

Razorjack

Bass Behemoth
Jun 13, 2004
Manchester, UK
www.pythiamusic.com
So, I'm in the market for a new bass and I've got my eye on the passive LTD Viper 104. Anyone got any experience with these? I can't find one in the whole of London to try so I thought I'd see if anyone here knew of any problems with them before I travel to try one out.

Thanks,

Andy

Personally, I'm a huge ESP fan and have previously played the cheaper models anthing (104,254) it's not worth the cost. You will be much better off, saving for a bit, and getting at least the 404 models (or 30th anniversary if you can still find it). The quality is so much better in those.

I use to rock the EC-254, and have since switched to the 30th anniversary (now called the 500 series which is just the 404 with upgrade) and I couldn't be happier.

I bought a LTD-104 just to have something to play whilst i was studying in australia but i have to say, it's a great bass for the price, i paid AU$400 for it and i didn't regret it for a second. Normally at home i play a Warwick Corvette 5 and a Fender American Deluxe Jazz 5, sure , the LTD doesn't sound anywhere as good, but it's definitely decent enough and seeing as it costs peanuts in comparison i wouldn't bash it too much.

Above sound even these days is finding an affordable bass that feels good. One that doesn't feel like the strings will be a mile off the neck even with a good set up. For that reason, I never recomend Fenders unless you are wiling to get that set up. Which I did after I bought my Geddy signature. I think the Ibanez, Schector, and ESP's come off the wall feeling pretty good.

Above was mentioned saving up for a Warwick. Their Rockbass series is complete crap. I never am so passionate about my negative thoughts, but they really sound and feel like junk. The Corvette bolt on's around $700-800 are worth checking out if it's in the price range. Good luck.

LTD basses sound thin and flavorless to me,

Try a cort if you can get your hands on one, an Artisan series. Try to get your hands on a B or an A. I have an A6
100_0655.jpg

^ MINE!

If not go with the ibanez, much better then an LTD

Ah, you're the guy with the schecter hellraiser on the other pictures (not your's, the one of your friend), I saw the pictures in the necrophagist forum :D

Nice bass, I only own a Samick 5 string, but it's very good for the price (130 ?, very cheap).
I never played the Viper 104, but other basses out of the 100 line and they were good for the price, the price is really acceptable.

StefTD said:
Ah, you're the guy with the schecter hellraiser on the other pictures (not your's, the one of your friend), I saw the pictures in the necrophagist forum :D

Nice bass, I only own a Samick 5 string, but it's very good for the price (130 ?, very cheap).
I never played the Viper 104, but other basses out of the 100 line and they were good for the price, the price is really acceptable.

Yeah, I'm the dude with the:
schecter_web4.jpg

I totally second what Nuk3m is saying. I'm not an advocate of the 'metal' basses, or the cheaper ones that sound thin. It's a worthwhile investment to take care in purchasing a bass with a nice, fat sound like many of the Cort basses have.

I've not seen anything to discourage from purchasing one. Sturdy construction by all means and a versatile array of tones to match.

My favourite bass ever is a cheapo from the 90's. Cheri... They look like cheap Warwick and sounds gorgeous.