Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - London 9th Feb 2016

Man.....on a Tuesday night ffs :-( Without taking a half day off work it'll just be too much of a mission for me sadly.....pretty much applies to any midweek London show nowadays sadly.

Strato show in November was also a Tuesday eh? Jeez.....

Just the nature of the beast for as long as I've been going to gigs...you get used to very late night trains and feeling dead to the world at work the next morning :D I'd rather not miss out and be knackered though- every time. It's been a LONG time since Luca was in the UK. Not missing this even if my legs fall off

Totally agree on the nature of the beast and it was absolutely ok when I had a job where I could get away with being useless the following day. Hell, even the first DF/PQ rehearsals used to take the same.....finish work, leg it to the train, get to rehearsal, leg it back to train, taxi home.

The other factor for me is that public transport isn't quite as convenient from where I live now so pretty much means 2 cab rides at £10-£12 each, plus £40 on the train, plus £20 minimum expenses for the evening plus a ticket....and that's without going near the merch stand lol!

15-20 years ago I was used to it but as I approach my mid forties it is decidedly less appealing ;-)

I hear you Steve it is decidedly murder on the wallet especially when you throw on top of that not a small number of pricey pints and a £25 tshirt too for my standard gig night!

All that said I'm pretty sure I can get you a cheap ticket if you think you can make it work at all

I think the ticket price is the least of the concerns to be fair.....for me if I can't finish work at 4 then it's impossible and I don't do the kind of job where you have a finishing time as such. Even at 4 it means best case a 5pm train, into London for half 6 and then arrive in the vicinity of the venue around 7ish dependent on which venue.

In terms of London shows now (unless I book a day off which isn't realistic) it's pretty much going to be Fri/Sat/Sun now and look for more local things for the mid week. The shame of that is that most of my gig-going buddies are more likely to be at a London show than a Southampton one......what can you do eh?