Lurker of Chalice

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
cover_lurker.jpg

"In one sense, imagine the annihilation-time archetype of mid-'90s Neurosis drawing a bead on Blut Aus Nord's recent love of lava, with perhaps the surrealistic insomnia of Albin Julius-era Death in June orbiting the mélange/miasma/meltdown. In another sense, this is something altogether different and certainly altogether more terrifying - and yet, most perversely, soothing 'n' sumptuous and even a bit sensual.in the jet-blackest of manners, of course. Confused yet? Don't be: Just buy it, as it's easily among the year's best, no joke."

-- N.T.Birk (Terrorizer / Metal Maniacs)

Piercing Where They Might

It's almost like modern Blut Aus Nord but actually good... Interesting stuff

EDIT: Oh yeah, this is a project of Wrest of Leviathan. I suspect half of you have heard it already and that it's oldnews then. OH WELL

Read that review last night actually, made me a little more interested in picking it up.

Seems a local distro just stocked it, I guess it's a sign...

Erik said:
EDIT: Oh yeah, this is a project of Wrest of Leviathan. I suspect half of you have heard it already and that it's oldnews then. OH WELL

I've had it for a while now and am quite enjoying it. Wrest is great. I also just bought a new BM compilation partly because it has an exclusive Leviathan track.

Nice, I'll definitely be picking this up.

Please consider using Autumn Wind Productions for this album or other stuff. The guy that runs it used to be a regular over at MetalReview, although he hasn't been around for awhile. Big black metal guy, and the distro seems to be picking up steam. He's got it for 11 bucks.

http://www.autumnwp.com/main.shtml

BUMP.

Good minimalistic blend of ambient and bm elements. Less ambitious than Blut Aus Nord for example but it's very good on first listen. Only one album ? I dled the S/T.

Dev said:
BUMP.

Good minimalistic blend of ambient and bm elements. Less ambitious than Blut Aus Nord for example but it's very good on first listen. Only one album ? I dled the S/T.

Yeah, only one but I'm hoping he does more with this project. I liked it on first listen but it's done nothing but get better with each listen thereafter.

Edit: Just saw this on Metal Archives:
MA said:
According to a 2004 interview with Wrest there are 4 unreleased full-length albums by Lurker of Chalice.

I'd really like to add something of value to this thread but cannot think of anything beyond "this rules immensely".

Yes I read somewhere that he's got at least three albums' worth of unreleased shit. *drools*