Lyrical credits in Crimson II

Rogga

Aug 29, 2003
Sweden
www.paganizer.com
Hey everyone!

I finally got around to separate all vocals done on the album.... if anyone is interested in knowing whos´doing what on this piece of morbid plastic.

I´ve got a Word file with the lyrics and indicating where me or Dan does the vox and also where Jonas does backing vox.

I´ll mail it asap to anyone who wants it so just let me know on; paganizer@hotmail.com

Rogga

yourdeadgroom said:
Thanks Rogga, it looks cool, gonna have to do a listening session later today ;)
I could stick it on my website and provide a link, if you don't want 9 million metalheads emailing you ;)

Feel fre to add it to your site, so far I´ve sent off quite a few lyrics which actually takes some time...haha

Rogga said:
I´ve updated the lyric credits a bit (discovered I had missed a line or two of the lyrics...) so drop me a mail and I´ll sedn you the file to add to your site.
paganizer@hotmail.com
I was just coming here to say this ;) That lines in brackets:

"For no apparent reason had the woman been drawn in

[Perhaps it was a twist of fate, an absence of real thought
She wandered to a room that before she´d never been
And all at once the interest of her senses had been caught
For no apparent reason had the woman been drawn in]

Where rows of dusty books lay in an ominous display"

-------

I have to say that my quota was 50%, concerning what I knew before. I knew all of Dan´s vocals, but a couple of things I mislead for being Dan when it was someone else. For example I was supersure that what Jonas did, was Dan´s vocals. Also the part at the beginning, "And in the monastery garden" I thought to be Dan.

On the other hand, your (Rogga´s) vocals are a bit different, they are sometimes a bit Bloodbath-ish (or Paganizer-like if you want to say it so ;)), like for that song "Bathe In Blood". Dan´s vocals are always little bit darker, while you have sometimes that mixture between growling and screaming (dunno how to name it) but more the "bestial" Akerfeldt-tone ;D Dan doesn´t do this, so that is a hint to distinguish them.

Anyways, I can listen to this CD over and over again, and it never gets boring and there is always something new to find. And actually I just noticed right now, that an older demo, Amoral´s "Other Flesh" sounds a bit Crimson II-like ;)

Ahhhh!!! I was wrong! All wrong! All the vocals I thought were Dans were yours! And visa versa! o_O (goes off into corner shivering in fetal position).

Lol! Thats not entirely true. But there are quite a few parts where you both got me. Good job! Im impressed, you two are virtually indistinguishable.

"She veiled herself with trivial thought
A mask of insignificance
Her daughter failed to see beyond
The fabric of irrelevance"

The abstract riff played along with these lyrics is just brilliant! Just had to mention than, it's suits it so well. :worship:

I must say I am incredibly impressed by roggas vocals on CII, many of my favorite growlingparts are entirely done by him, and keep in mind that my all-time-favorite-growler mr swanö actually appears on the same album! great work.

L0bster said:
I must say I am incredibly impressed by roggas vocals on CII, many of my favorite growlingparts are entirely done by him, and keep in mind that my all-time-favorite-growler mr swanö actually appears on the same album! great work.

Words like that really makes my day, I can tell you...

Rogga said:
Words like that really makes my day, I can tell you...

Well it's true. You have a good friend in Dan, and a brilliant musician, but your growls are pretty great themselves. I had a hard time distinguishing your vocals from Dan's on CII, though yours I think are a little deeper and maybe easier to hear. Did anyone else notice this?

For me, Dans growls are a bit clearer. They're kind of dry, short and powerful. You can hear each word separate.
While Rogga sound really dirty and (you're right) also deeper. You have the feeling like he's growling one single word.

If i have to compare Dans and Roggas vocals to an instument. Dan would be the drums and Rogga the guitar. :D

Well, you see, it's not possible to describe these voices exactly. They're both too unique and brilliant. And the best thing is that they complement one another.

I really love these 2 parts:

And now she sat alone in the concealment of the night
She was hungry now to liberate the writings from their cage
The glimmer of a feeble moon provided her with light
As she opened up the cover and began to read the page

Fly, soul, the body's guest,
Upon your impish arrant
Let none be guiled by false confession
Truth shall be your warrant

Fly soul for the body must die
Fly soul for the body must die
And thy spirit will gorge on new life

A movement in the shadows
A flash of blazing light
The child stood before them
With murder in her eyes
The women ran towards her
To try to stem the tide
Of pure and crimson anger
There was nowhere left to hide
Too slow was their reaction
They were thrown back off their feet
Their throats were filled with panic
As they stared as harsh defeat
Too weak was their protection
They couldn't staunch the trail
Of vitriol and vengeance
Meted out for this betrayal

So the mother's brave compatriots
Consumed with damning pain
Died writhing in the dirt
They were bleeding and insane
They'd looked into the child's eyes
And crumbled in despair
From images too hideous
For human minds to bear

Salvation lies in banishing
This creature to the dark
Let not your hand be hesitant
Or death will be your mark
But there was still one single hope
No room for fear or doubt
The mother knew there was no choice
She had to end this now

I'm confused.

It says the cursive writing is Swanö. But there is no cursive writing in the file. There is italicized text, but no cursive.

So I guess italicized=Dan, and the regular text is Mr. Johannson. But then the sung lyrics are regular text, and I know that is Dan.

Somebody straighten this out for me....:erk:

And by the way, the part in track 6 (and when it repeats again in other tracks) is my favorite Swanö riff.

deliverance said:
are they any guitar tabs for any sections of either crimson album available online, anybody? i'd definetly like to learn some, thanks.
I started to tab "Crimson" a while back, the first "part" is online att www.mysongbook.com (GP4) the problem with tabbing that bastard
is the odd tuning Dan uses and the extremly low tuning sam/dread uses.
If anyone would help me out, maybe I'd tab.

And I know some other guy around here starded to tab CII