lyrics to Death's Design?

TheFourthHorseman

In The Twilight World
Jan 7, 2003
Finland
Can they be found anywhere? I listened to the album in our cd store yesterday and the booklet only had the cover and another page with Blakkheim's name on it...perhaps it would be unusual to put lyrics to a soundtrack,but then again this is a pretty unusual soundtrack too.

TheFourthHorseman said:
Can they be found anywhere? I listened to the album in our cd store yesterday and the booklet only had the cover and another page with Blakkheim's name on it...perhaps it would be unusual to put lyrics to a soundtrack,but then again this is a pretty unusual soundtrack too.

Sorry, but I just giggled extremely loud when I read this. Don't hold your breath for the lyrics to ever come to light. ;)

MightyA said:
You're wrong. The movie story was just a nice little gimmick.

No you're wrong,the movie was planned but some important person chickened out and didn't take it to the end...so now some other guy that was involved in Death's Design too is writing a new script since the other ppl have the copyrights. Hell I can't remember a thing about it,just check DM's homepage and the FAQ.
And why is it that funny Jim? I mean that soundtrack is more like a simple concept album now,and obviously the story is interesting enough,at least I had to ask for lyrics...another thing that I don't understand is why you giggled at something that I said instead of laughing. Anyway,carry on and reply.

TheFourthHorseman said:
No you're wrong,the movie was planned but some important person chickened out and didn't take it to the end...
No, actually you're wrong, there is not, never was, and never will be a Death's Design movie (well, there may be a movie of that name one day, I'm sure someone will think of that as a name, but it will have no relation to this concept of Death's Design). It was all just made up to give the impression it was a soundtrack, but it's not. Sorry. :D

yourdeadgroom said:
No, actually you're wrong, there is not, never was, and never will be a Death's Design movie (well, there may be a movie of that name one day, I'm sure someone will think of that as a name, but it will have no relation to this concept of Death's Design). It was all just made up to give the impression it was a soundtrack, but it's not. Sorry. /forum/images/smilies/supergrin.gif

blah...well I just suck then. If a movie was never planned then they would have even more reasons to release the lyrics.

http://www.katatonia.com/masquerade/index2.html I have to say that after reading the "press" part from there it's a little hard for me to accept your opinion...

I think YDG ist right, it's lies in the interview, I think. There stands that they had an little orchestra and they hadn't, Dan told me in an interview. I think it was just said to confuse people and make it interesting. And it worked, because we're discussing it even 2 or 3 Years after it's release. :D

Unicorn said:
I think YDG ist right, it's lies in the interview, I think. There stands that they had an little orchestra and they hadn't, Dan told me in an interview. I think it was just said to confuse people and make it interesting. And it worked, because we're discussing it even 2 or 3 Years after it's release. /forum/images/smilies/supergrin.gif

... while we're liberating cats from bags... (two years is acceptable gimmick protection, hah)

... the reason the lyrics won't be released is because they were read out of a book... by a fairly famous author, too, most likely on the spot. So A- who knows if they were written down or just done ad hoc in the studio, and B- there'd probably be royalty money due if the words (and author) got out.

TheFourthHorseman said:
I have to say that after reading the "press" part from there it's a little hard for me to accept your opinion...
Which would be fair enough, except it's not my opinion, it's fact from an interview Jim did with Dan :p
Like I said, it was made up, and it was made to sound convincing (I believed it too, although there were always a few things said by them that made me think it might be false, but I had no reason to think they were lying).

This is excellent news. It needs more press.

It's quite literally one of my favorite albums of all time. Its actually how I discovered Dan Swano's music in the first place. I liked Death's Design so much, I looked up the composer and started researching more work by Dan. Now it's all I listen to.