M. Åkerfeldt comments on Night Is The New Day

Nehebkau

Sep 17, 2006
"KATATONIA's Night Is The New Day Is Possibly The Greatest 'Heavy' Record I've Heard In The Last 10 Years"

source: http://www.bravewords.com/news/121888

I have not been this taken back by an album for a long time. I almost had tears in my eyes. It's an absolutely stunning piece of music! Easily their most progressive and emotional record as far as I'm concerned.

Can't wait! the last line "most progressive and emotional record" has made me excited... the samples weren't enough to give me a clear image of the album tbh.

The words opeth left were great

Ive grown to the new song (Forsaker) in typical WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS song to loving it

I truely am amazed how they work into your head and succeed every time

It would be nice if Opeth would bring Katatonia out on a US tour with them.

I remember Mike saying this recently.....
Mikael: "Why don't you go on tour with KATATONIA?" and that kind of stuff, which, you know, we toured with them, but, it's like, we have the same fans in many ways. You want to reach out to people who haven't heard you, and even though it's like we bring out a small band sometimes that we like that might not pull many people, you know, it gives the whole tour a little bit of credibility.

That annoys the shit out of me. They might have the same fans but Opeth is a much bigger band than Katatonia. The point is to give Katatonia some exposure and have them playing in front of sold out crowds every night. I dont see why we cant get something like Opeth, Katatonia, Paradise Lost, and My Dying Bride so everyone loses their shit and goes crazy. Instead we usually get Opeth with a few shit head bands that are torture to sit through. The last one with Enslaved wasn't bad though.

If he hated it he probably just wouldn't say anything at all.

Exactly. He's a pretty darn honest dude. If you listen to his interviews or see the way he used to write on the board you can tell he's in fact downright blunt about his feelings. He certainly wouldn't give it such a glowing review if he didn't feel that way.

When Fear of a Blank Planet was first released he said he thought it was their "...third best album." :lol:

Exactly. He's a pretty darn honest dude. If you listen to his interviews or see the way he used to write on the board you can tell he's in fact downright blunt about his feelings. He certainly wouldn't give it such a glowing review if he didn't feel that way.

When Fear of a Blank Planet was first released he said he thought it was their "...third best album." :lol:

Putting a PT album top three is quite the compliment considering how much good material they've released.