M.A.N. - the first microtonal metal band

Ugh. Just sounds like generic djent metal played badly on a slide guitar.

The microtonal stuff probably sounds cool IN IT'S CULTURAL CONTEXT but just trying to slot all those extra tones into bog standard metal..... Ugh.

if i wanted quarter tones i think i would buy a saz
infinitely cooler than an 8 string

Some of the audio clip sounds pretty interesting (around 20 sec mark). The actual video doesn't have any weird things, though. I mean, 27sec and after on the preprod clip sounds at least a little cool to me, the vid song is, as you guys say, bland.

I'd have to hear more than just one prepro clip to make a final judgement, but so far it seems kind of interesting to listen to to me at least. This microtonal metal thing is entirely new to me though.

Saw them live last night opening for Fear Factory, and they still don't have interesting songs (they also opened for FF back in 2006). I didn't even remember they had those microtonal guitars until I saw that the guitar had some extra amount of frets :lol: I was thinking was it Mnemic or M.A.N. who had the microtonal thing, actually :p From their music, you couldn't even tell, because it still sounds like generic metalcore :lol:

I'd have to hear more than just one prepro clip to make a final judgement...

Just visited their myspace

As Torniojaws said, nothing really interesting about them from what I heard. Sounds like they went way out of their way to sound unoriginal. There are a few microtonal riffs here and there that just sound weird and somewhat interesting, but it gets old by the time you hear one of them. And microtonal guitar solos don't sound very good. Might as well bust out and hex key and do some Rage Against The Machine stuff. Then there's a bunch of one note Static-X riffs.