M-audio profire 2626

jocarley

New Metal Member
Oct 13, 2008
I'm going to be upgrading from a PC to MAC very soon and I am looking into which interface and software I should get.

I was thinking about getting a M-audio profire 2626 £370 with ProTools M -Powered 8 for £189

Does any-one have any experience of these?

As my budget is only about £600. Whould I be better off going for Logic? I want to get the best quality in sound for my budget.

Would be great to hear some advice.

Jo

I switched to Mac,Profire and protools m-powered 5 months ago and I'm very happy with it.
Before the switch I used to use Firepod and Logic (and Firepod and Sonar on pc) but the actual solution is the best I've ever used.

I'm actually just getting the same setup the now. Ordered a refurbished macbook today and now I'm just trying to find someone who has the PF2626 and PTMP in stock and at a reasonable price (harder than it sounds btw) I'm also getting a Behringer ADA8000 to use as a converter so I can use my Allen & Heath desk for drums.

yeh I've got an iMac with 4 GB RAM, I'm running pro tools m-powered 7.4 with a m-audio profire 2626, its a nice setup. I'll upgrade to protools m-powered 8 over the summer so I can get a bigger track count. But yeah, I'm happy, and I'd recommend it.

Using a Macbook Pro and a Profire 2626, no problems. The Profire gets bothered by my Lacie external HDD though if I plug it into the FW800 slot, but it should work daisy chained, haven't tried that yet though. I used a FP10 earlier and it got bothered by it too, so it's not really a surprise or anything... I feel like the Profire sounds heaps better than the FP10 BTW.

I don't use PT though, just Reaper currently.

If you use an external hd you have to connect it like:

MacBook pro -> profire -> external hd (using fw400)

I used to use fw800 for hd and profire conncted to the profire's fw400 but there was click and pops.