mac

Tachy

Senior Fuckers
Dec 9, 2005
In Italy
Hi guys, I want to switch my pc with a mac......I think to buy an Imac, I need some advice.
1) Is good the Imac for recording?
2) I'm ignorant as fuck.....the wav files are compatible with Mac?
3) Some of my plug in are dll, dll is compatible with mac?
Thanks guys!!:kickass:

1. yes
2. yes (WAV and AIFF are compatible with both Mac and PC)
3. yes... BUT

dll's are windows VSTs. you may or may not be able to download the UB mac version if the developer has it available. a lot of VSTs are windows only, but using a mac opens the door to AU plugs.

a thanks guys, really apreciate your infos, a lot of people tell me that the mac world is totally diffrent and better that any pc.......you can confirm that?
I'm really stressed by windows and pcs.....

If you choose an Imac, you will be pretty much bound to using firewire interfaces, because it has no pci/pci-e slots. I guess it would be possible to use the optical digital in too, but I think you could then only record two channels at once.

I really don't want to start a mac vs pc debate, but don`t buy all the hype, there really is no perfect system. I have seen people having problems with macs as well. Just don`t expect miracles.

and if you get one, don`t buy your ram from apple, there are a lot cheaper alternatives.

yeah you can use a wrapper for vst's if you need them as au/rtas, but you still have to have mac universal vst's in the first place

I'll use my m-audio firewire interface with my maudio octane, i don't need pci slots, but exuse my ignorance, what is a wrapper?????