Machine Head – The Blackening

I thought 'Through The Ashes of Empire's' was the best album Machine Head could produce, but 'The Blackening' is such a brilliant album that it is up there with Master Of Puppets (timeless).A lot of MH fans still think 'Burn My Eyes' is the best, that’s cool it was a great album but Machine Head got worse after that album.’ The More Things Change' was ok but not brilliant, there were some good songs on it.The Burning Red' again far from good but some good songs on it. ‘Supercharger' was crap. The only thing that saved Machine Head was Hellalive. They managed to play all the ok songs and make them great. Then when they gave us 'Through the Ashes of Empire's' I was shocked how good it was.My mate was like 'listen to this' to be honest I was like 'no man they are crap now' boy was I wrong. It was awesome I still play it every day. When the 'Blackening' came out I was stoked to hear it. It is such a masterpiece. Not one song bores me or makes me think 'ill skip this track' they are brilliant. I can’t wait for the next album. They are the best metal band out at the moment. I think the next album will be the most brutal Machine Head album to date….. they can only get stronger.

a very good album ......... loved most of the songs . But still i would say its not the best album by MachineHead....... older albums are much better .:)

well done.

I have to disagree about "Halo". I loved that track...one of their better songs actually.

Also, the crediting of Rob Flynn shouldn't be such a problem...after all the album was good...

I have noticed the ammount of "Haters" on this forum, again you can't discuss fact. You can only discuss opinion. As a machine head fan I thought some of the points in the reveiw were unfair.. This is opinion based but I think "The Blackening" Isn't a bad name at all.

They changed their style alone to appeal to the metal crowd again, as Burning Red and Supercharger were put into the Sub genre of Nu-Metal.. Which I think was a fair statement but when that was critised clearly I think those two albums Mentioned were Experimental albums if anything I think it proves how talented Machine Head can be as they are rather variant with music.

The Blackening was a good album alone, the songs were well constructed the lyrics were up to scratch I think it is their best. In my opinion it is the perfect metal album long solos rebelious lyrics.

I understand you have to put all sides of things into account but, I think the reveiw was a rather Bias opinion don't get me wrong.. The structure and the points made in this reveiw were fair. But again I disagree.

DarkestDivide