MACHINE HEAD Announces Second European Leg Of 'Burn My Eyes' 25th-Anniversary Tour

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
MACHINE HEAD has announced the second European leg of its 25th-anniversary tour for the band's classic debut, "Burn My Eyes". The second massive run of dates kicks off in Zaragoza, Spain on April 19, continuing across Portugal, Eastern Europe, Russia, Scandinavia, wrapping in the U.K. with a London show at the legendary Alexandra Palace on June 6. A U.S. leg is set to be announced soon. Tickets for these shows go on general sale at 9 a.m. on Friday, September 20, with various pre-sales available from 9 a.m. on Tuesday, September 17. A very limited amount of VIP packages per show will be available from 10 a.m. on Wednesday, September 18. Building on MACHINE HEAD's "An Evening With…" format, these shows will be a three-hour musical extravaganza, comprised of two parts: Part one will feature a battery of MACHINE HEAD's modern classics, such as "Imperium", "Halo" and "The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears", featuring guitarist/vocalist Robb Flynn and bassist Jared MacEachern performing alongside two soon-to-be-announced musicians on guitar and drums. Part two will feature "Burn My Eyes" played in its entirety for the first time ever, with original drummer Chris Kontos and guitarist Logan Mader joining in. Flynn says: "While we all expected the first round of dates to do well, no one could have predicted the frankly mind-boggling attendance numbers with Paris selling out in an hour and London selling out in eight hours! We want everyone to have the opportunity to take part in this very special, once-in-a-lifetime event, and as promised, we are bringing this around the globe well into December 2020. So stoked to bring this event to so many territories that we can't always get to, and ending at Alexandra Palace will be monu-MENTAL!" MacEachearn is equally looking forward to the run, saying: "Lemme just say, you head cases are in for a massively heavy treat! These 'Burn My Eyes' songs are sounding CRUSHING, and the vibe is great. OG head cases are gonna feel it like the first time, and all you other cats are gonna see where it all began!" Mader adds: "Really looking forward to this tour and hitting all the markets we will miss on the first run. It's gonna be amazing! I've never been to Greece or Russia and now I'll have the chance to visit both!!" Kontos echoes the sentiment, stating: "This is going to be amazing! Playing lots of countries I have never played before and some of my favorite places too. I'm very excited about going to Greece, being GREEK!! Playing Russia, I'm sure, will be quite the adventure. Looking forward to rocking this out!!" Newly added tour dates: Apr. 19 - Spain, Zaragoza, Teatro De Las Esquinas Apr. 21 - Spain, Santiago De Compostela, Capitol Apr. 23 - Portugal, Oporto, Coliseu De Porto Apr. 24 - Portugal, Lisbon, Coliseu De Lisboa Apr. 25 - Spain, Madrid, La Riviera Apr. 27 - Spain, Malaga, Paris 15 Apr. 28 - Spain, Murcia, Gamma Apr. 29 - Spain, Valencia, Republicca May 01 - Spain, Barcelona, Razzmatazz May 02 - France, Toulouse, Le Bikini May 05 - Germany, Ludwigsburg, Mhp Arena May 06 - Germany, Wiesbaden, Schlachthof May 08 - Germany, Hannover, Swiss Life Hall May 09 - Czech Republic, Prague, Forum Karlin May 10 - Slovakia, Bratislava, Refinery Gallery May 12 - Romania, Bucharest, Quantic Club May 13 - Bulgaria, Sofia, Universiada Hall May 15 - Greece, Thessaloniki, Fix Factory Of Sound May 16 - Greece, Athens, Piraeus Academy May 20 - Ukraine, Kiev, Stereoplaza May 22 - Russia, Moscow, 1930 Moscow May 23 - Russia, St Petersburg, A2 May 25 - Finland, Helsinki, The Circus May 28 - Sweden, Stockholm, Fryhuset Arenan May 29 - Norway, Oslo, Sentrum Scene May 30 - Denmark, Aarhus, Train Jun. 01 - Germany, Hamburg, Grosse Freiheit 36 Jun. 02 - Netherlands, Utrecht, Tivoliredenburg Jun. 03 - France, Lille, L’aeronef Jun. 05 - UK, London, Alexandra Palace Jun. 06 - UK, Birmingham O2 Academy The first leg of MACHINE HEAD's 25th-anniversary tour for "Burn My Eyes" will kick off in Germany on October 5 in Freiburg, and continue across Europe, wrapping in Dublin, Ireland on November 8. The U.S. leg will take place in November and December. Kontos left MACHINE HEAD before the release of the band's second album, 1997's "The More Things Change", and was replaced by McClain. Mader contributed to two MACHINE HEAD albums, the aforementioned "Burn My Eyes" and "The More Things Change", before exiting the group and being replaced by Ahrue Luster and, later on, Demmel.
machinehead25thannivtourposter.jpg

Continue reading...