Machine Head New Limited Edition CD

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
From Blabbermouth.NetMACHINE HEAD To Release Limited Double-CD Edition Of New Album
MACHINE HEAD's forthcoming album, "Through The Ashes Of Empires" (due in Europe on Oct. 13) will be available as a special limited double-CD edition with a slipcase, according to a post on the Roadrunner Records U.K. web site. "However, this version of the CD will only be available on initial store orders of the album... so once their stock is gone, that's it, no more double CD slipcase version.

"The 2nd CD will contain 5 demos (that were done for this record), the live video for 'The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears', the new video for 'Imperium' (tentatively planned to be shot Aug 25th) and footage that was filmed during the recording of 'Through The Ashes Of Empires'.

"In other MACHINE HEAD news, last night [August 11] was the first official hearing of the new MH tunes. From 7:00 p.m. in central London, a special listening party (with air con & free bar) was hosted with selected radio, TV, and print media folks in attendance. Not to mention some Roadrunner street & e-teamers, and a couple of lucky competition winners. The special guest was of course the man himself, Robert Flynn. Several new tracks were played... and let us tell you.. they have been worth the wait. You want drums, you want guitars, you want riffs... they are here. Check out a couple of photos from the night here."

MACHINE HEAD will kick off a European tour in support of "Through The Ashes Of Empires" on November 4 in Paris, France. The band are currently seeking a North American record deal following their recent announcement that they are no longer tied to Roadrunner Records in their home territory. "Through The Ashes Of Empires" is scheduled to be mastered on Friday, August 15 at Sterling Sound in New York City.

From Blabbermouth.Net

I never bought SuperCharger (downloaded it) but I will buy Through The Ashes Of Empires , it seems like Rob wants to get back to being heavy. I really hope it is. Plus I love EXTRAS on CD's like videos and behind the scenes footage. <crossing fingers it doesn't suck>

Wow!!!

Steph And I Got To Hear The First Song Off Of The New Record!!!

It Crushes!!! It Really Sounds Like A Song Off Of Burn Myeyes.....pounding Drums...guitar Leads..and Robb Screaming His Ass Off!!!

I Can't Wait For This Record!!!! Go Get It When It Comes Out!!!!

Some of the Testament guys got to here 3 songs on the Tour Bus in Europe, someone said it sounded like a cross between Vio-Lence & Iron Maiden?
Chuck said the first song he heard was really good!

Well, I wasn't gonna buy it (after hearing the last record), but if Chuck says it's good, I'll sure give it a try (no rapping there, I hope) :cool:.

I have to agree with Chuck on this one! I heard all three of the songs on that CD, and I was FLOORED!:hotjump: They are getting back to the HEAVY on this one for sure, and some other surprises as well.
And BTW, what's up High Priest! Great to meet you in Warsaw!!!

I already heard three songs, two fast killersongs and one with a more moderate tempo, probably the resting point of the cd.. And I must say, they totally rocked. I wasn't bored for a second, I loved the diversity in each song.. But none of those three is a new 'Davidian'.. That song will always stand above all the rest.. ;)
The versions I heard were un-mixed, and I actually kinda hope they keep it this way, cause it sounded perfect.. Heavy and still very balanced.. The only mistake they can make now is overproduce this album.. Otherwise it's gonna be one of the best releases this year.. :hotjump:

Damn it! I hate it when people get me intrigued! I wrote these guys off when the Burning Red came out, when I saw the video for The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears, I almost vomited. Real crap it was. And now it looks like I will have to buy their new one, DAMN YOUS ALL TA HELL!

[size=1 said:
Steve Smyth[/size]] have to agree with Chuck on this one! I heard all three of the songs on that CD, and I was FLOORED!:hotjump: They are getting back to the HEAVY on this one for sure, and some other surprises as well.
And BTW, what's up High Priest! Great to meet you in Warsaw!!!
What's up Steve!:wave: Wow, now this record becomes a real must- have for me! I think I'll buy it without listening to it first after such recomendation.:)
Steve, thanks again for the opportunity to meet you in Warsaw! It was an great honour for me! You really ruled that night! Too bad the show was so short...