Machine Head - Unto the Locust

This makes the new Anthrax seem like Green Day.

Pretty much the fastest, most aggressive Machine Head yet. Relentless thrash assault. Not as much heavy/crunchy groove as some previous albums. Most thrash type sound of anything they have done. Look forward to listening to this one a bunch of times to really understand it.

This is the End would be so much better if there wasn't so much clean singing

This makes the new Anthrax seem like Green Day.

Pretty much the fastest, most aggressive Machine Head yet. Relentless thrash assault. Not as much heavy/crunchy groove as some previous albums. Most thrash type sound of anything they have done. Look forward to listening to this one a bunch of times to really understand it.

I hear the new machine head, is a great album, but never better than WM.

is not be faster or slower, is to make better music

I just posted my full review over at my blog.

Here I will just say, sorry Anthrax while I love Worship Music, Unto The Locust is the metal album of the year. Simply epic.

Yup. I always found Machine Head sounding a bit "forced". Bought their debut album, and was really into it for a while. Kinda just grew tired of it after a while, so I didn't by the follow up nor any of their nu metal albums.

Had a listen to their new one, and was blown away! It's fantastic, and even if I love WM I'd say that Machine Head's latest is a wee bit better.
So I've bought Burn My Eyes again as well as The Blackening. Had a quick listen to The Burning Red and that other rap metal album as well, but I still don't like them so I'll pass on those. Next I'm gonna find out if I can get into Through the Ashes of Empires which I belive is considered a return to form by those "in the know".

Yup. I always found Machine Head sounding a bit "forced". Bought their debut album, and was really into it for a while. Kinda just grew tired of it after a while, so I didn't by the follow up nor any of their nu metal albums.

Had a listen to their new one, and was blown away! It's fantastic, and even if I love WM I'd say that Machine Head's latest is a wee bit better.
So I've bought Burn My Eyes again as well as The Blackening. Had a quick listen to The Burning Red and that other rap metal album as well, but I still don't like them so I'll pass on those. Next I'm gonna find out if I can get into Through the Ashes of Empires which I belive is considered a return to form by those "in the know".

Through the Ashes of Empires is a good one. I think I like the Blackening a bit more but they are both really good. It's definitely not a nu metal/ rap metal album like the garbage before it

Machine Head are proving to be one of the best metal bands in recent history imo. They had a few bad albums but the past 3 have been stunning. I'd love to see those guys tour with a band like Testament and just kill the entire audience.

i really liked the more things change,havent really bothered with any of there other stuff,to me they r a snd rate pantera but i will check it out and get back to u lol