Machine Head - Unto the Locust

Through the Ashes of Empires is a good one. I think I like the Blackening a bit more but they are both really good. It's definitely not a nu metal/ rap metal album like the garbage before it

Machine Head are proving to be one of the best metal bands in recent history imo. They had a few bad albums but the past 3 have been stunning. I'd love to see those guys tour with a band like Testament and just kill the entire audience.

I remember them on tour with Slayer and Biohazard. I saw a show in Ohio and it was my first time hearing them at all as I hadn't heard Burn my Eyes yet. I couldn't believe it was Robb first off as I was big vio-lence fan. They could have been intimidated by the Slayer audience and when someone way back said you suck, Robb's response was so does your Mom and blasted into the next song. I was hooked. :fu:

as for the new cd, I am one listen to in it. It is good but I am not sure how to feel about it.

First off, I definitely see anthrax's new cd over this.

I really can't describe what I think as although I am okay with more melody, it just upon initial listen isn't like I felt on the last two cds that blew me away from minute one.

Listened to it all the way through twice now. Killer record, although there are times I find myself thinking that Flynn and co. are trying too hard to write 'an epic metal record', rather than just killing all before them a la Burn My Eyes. But overall it is awesome. Very awesome. Doesn't compare to WM either - 2 totally different styles of music. Both equally fantastic.

Through the Ashes of Empires is a good one. I think I like the Blackening a bit more but they are both really good. It's definitely not a nu metal/ rap metal album like the garbage before it

Machine Head are proving to be one of the best metal bands in recent history imo. They had a few bad albums but the past 3 have been stunning. I'd love to see those guys tour with a band like Testament and just kill the entire audience.

They played a show with Testament this past summer. :Spin:

saw Testament 2 times, the first time was interesting, they played right after Armored Saint and before Slayer. can you imagine that? Armored Saint, then Testament & Slayer headlining.

saw Testament 2 times, the first time was interesting, they played right after Armored Saint and before Slayer. can you imagine that? Armored Saint, then Testament & Slayer headlining.

Now that would be the show I would really love to see!

Hi,
I've ONLY listened it once...but 1st impression is that it is NOT as good as The Blackening. It is like the same stuff...but somehow it sounds worse to me. But I have to give it more spins...problem is that I'm on paternity leave and can listen to music - I like - ONLY when kids are asleep or when I'm cycling or jogging...and there's too many albums I've bought lately Primus, Anthrax, Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Leprous, Karmakanic, Machine Head and all the Van Der Graaf Generator albums plus a couple from Peter Hammill's catalog....:)

T:)

btw. T is for Tero

Better than The Blackening?

I think so. But then again, I've always been a sucker for melodic stuff. I think that there's a bit more melody and variation on Unto the Locust than the Blackening. In addition, I think that Rob Flynn handles the melodic vocals pretty well on this release. He's not been that solid on previous releases, in my opinion.

Better than The Blackening?

For me it could be. Only listened to it all through a couple of times so far. As great as The Blackening is, I thought it was slightly over-rated. I think it's a 8.5/10 easy, but not the 11/10 everyone seems to want to give it. So UTL for me could very well be as good as TB for me with some more spins.

imo it's MH's best work ever, it shows that Thrash Metal needn't to sound dated or too 80's. it's heavy as fuck, modern, groovy, it has speed and it's very melodic, a perfect metal record.