Machine Men - Circus Of Fools

Bear

Got Shred??
Feb 6, 2002
Canton, Georgia
Well holy dynamic power melodic metal batman!!!!! Damn these guys have really really stepped up with their 4th release Circus of Fools. They are bringing more power, dynamics and making a really huge statement with their vocalist Antony becoming one of the best young frontmen in metal...Gone in the Dickinson worship from previous albums. I actually hear alot of Tate influence on this cd, RFO and OMC era Tate that is, great range for Antony.

Here is the info from their website

MACHINE MEN Frontman: New CD 'Is Heavier And Has More Metal Power Than Ever Before'
Finnish metallers MACHINE MEN, who stormed into the Finnish single charts' Top Five with their 2005 single "Falling", are ready to deliver the highly anticipated follow-up to their much lauded last album "Elegies" (2005). Set for a February 14, 2007 release via Century Media, "Circus of Fools" is destined to top the success of its predecessor by taking influences from classic metal gods like IRON MAIDEN and QUEENSRŸCHE to a completely new powerful and timely level. To properly preview the new masterpiece of MACHINE MEN you can check out the title track at the band's MySpace profile.
Commented vocalist Antony: "Finally those hard and metallic studio sessions are over and it's time to tell you something about the new album. Of course, I will praise it to the skies to get your attention, but it's true - it sounds awesome! The album is heavier and has more metal power than ever before though it retains our typical melodic feel. We haven't forgotten to include some of those emotional, more ballad-kind of songs either. The album starts off with the title track 'Circus of Fools' and after that another fast ass-kicking song follows. Then slower and more massive tracks ensue before the album gives you another dose of faster headbanging songs. You can also hear melancholic mandolins and sing along passages that are purely acoustic. After that, the album hits you straight in the face again with some harder tunes until you'll drown in the waves in the end. We really hope you'll enjoy your time with our new album; we are sure we delivered our best!"
"Circus of Fools" was recorded at Fantom Studios (ROTTEN SOUND, NEGATIVE) with Samu Oittinen turning the knobs. A Finland-only single, "No Talk Without The Giant", will precede the album on January 17, 2007.

Here is a link to their My Space page where you can hear the new song Circus of Fools www.myspace.com/machinemenband

Bear

Yep definately a killer disc. Gone should be all the "Iron Maiden Clones" chatter thats been brought up the past couple years. They really stepped up the melodies and song writing, and come up with there own sound now.

Yep definately a killer disc. Gone should be all the "Iron Maiden Clones" chatter thats been brought up the past couple years. They really stepped up the melodies and song writing, and come up with there own sound now.

My thoughts exactly, this is their first album (don't get me wrong, I love all their stuff) that can't be mistaken for a Bruce solo record. This could very well become my favorite release from them :kickass:

My thoughts exactly, this is their first album (don't get me wrong, I love all their stuff) that can't be mistaken for a Bruce solo record. This could very well become my favorite release from them :kickass:

It is already my favorite relase from them and my fav from anything in the last year or so!!! Freaking ripps!!!!!Can't stop playing it!! Antony rules!!!

Bear

NP: Machine Men - Circus of Fools

I'll have to definitely pick this one up. Just picked up "Elegies" last week in the used metal section of my local CD shop and thought it was well worth my $7 (had never heard anything from them before buying....only word of mouth). I couldn't believe I had overlooked these guys in the past without so much as a listen. If you say the new one blows it away I'll have to get on this one. Thanks for the preview Bear. :cool:

How does everyone here know how great it is if it is not even released yet? Is it out yet? I thought I read above that it didn't come out until Feb. 14th.....I understand that some people get to listen to it early because they have much cooler jobs than I do, but how have you all heard it? If this is a stupid question than I am sorry, but please humor me. :cool:

.....Oh and by the way......I hope your all right! :kickass:

I understand that some people get to listen to it early because they have much cooler jobs than I do, but how have you all heard it?
You may have said something that has something to do with it... :p

If this is a stupid question than I am sorry, but please humor me. :cool:

HA HA HA HA... humor like that? LOL just kidding, not a stupid question at all.

We are. Promise.

How does everyone here know how great it is if it is not even released yet? Is it out yet? I thought I read above that it didn't come out until Feb. 14th.....I understand that some people get to listen to it early because they have much cooler jobs than I do, but how have you all heard it? If this is a stupid question than I am sorry, but please humor me. :cool:

It hasn't been officially released, but it is available through various file-sharing sites.

I have loved this band for years! It's about time they are getting some credit. I don't see what's wrong with sounding like Maiden - I think it's fuckin awesome!!

Their old albums are definitely awesome, but it's nice to hear a great band find their own style instead of sounding a lot like one particular band. However, if you're going to emulate a singer, Bruce ain't a bad choice :heh:

I want to hear this album. I have two of their earlier albums and felt that they could be contenders but weren't quite there yet. Sounds like they are beginning to reach that potential.

Yeah, these guys have arrived. This disc finds them doing their own thing, and doing it quite well. There will always be similarities given that the vocalist sounds a lot like Bruce Dickinson, but the music now doesn't sound very clonish at all. Excellent disc ... can't wait to buy it.

Britt

I didn;t hear any of the Maiden comparrisons on the new disc. I very much enjoyed listening to it. Would love to see these guys at PP one day.

I didn;t hear any of the Maiden comparrisons on the new disc. I very much enjoyed listening to it. Would love to see these guys at PP one day.
It's still kind of there, but not as much in the past .. definately not enough to continue tagging them as Maiden clones. Still though, this new disc reminds me most of the last few Bruce solo discs, and recent Edguy type material.

In my opinion all of their discs are pretty darn good .. Maidenish of not. I do however think they have stepped up a notch on this new one, and I now think they should be on the short list of future Prog Power bands.

Britt

what of their previous releases would you guys recommend since all I have heard is the new one?

Venom, Elegies .. their previous disc .. is really quite good. Scars and Wounds is also quite good ... hard to go wrong with either of those. I can't speak for the debut .. never heard it.

Britt

what of their previous releases would you guys recommend since all I have heard is the new one?

Scars & Wounds is my Fav from them, well was until I heard Circus of Fools. Elegies is awesome too. the first S/T is rough, but has some good stuff on there as well, I haven't listened to it in awhile, I will have to revisit...

Bear