Machine Men

ZoMb!M@N

Old-School Headbanger
May 31, 2005
The Multiverse
www.zombiman.com
If you like Bruce Dickinson / Maiden, you may want to check this out. "Elegies" was released about a month ago, and if you've never heard of them.... check them out ... i'm digging this one.....

I had d/l their album still have to check it throughly. Sounds a lot like Maiden sometimes, but not always. Wonder why they cover 'Freaks' from Bruce when there are much better songs.

I own Scars & Wounds and it's indeed very Maidenesque.. the only problem being it's nowhere near as good as Iron Maiden is... :confused:

overall, this band shows no personnality and average composition skills... nothing to write home about

T.I.E. said:
overall, this band shows no personnality and average composition skills... nothing to write home about

Hmm, someone has been to Audioscrobbler I guess ;)

I hear the sounds and effectively it doesn't made run to a store. I have to hear them again and see if I get convinced otherwise. Sadly I have too much new stuff coming to get worried about another "possibility" :p

I have their Scars and Wounds CD it is quite good, but like everybody says they lack their own personal stamp... it's just a mix of Maiden and Bruce solo stuff... albeit great, not original... therefore I prefer the originals myself (Maiden and Bruce that is :) )

Abanazar McBurger said:
This band was quite hyped in Finland few years ago just before the release of Scars & Wounds. In my opinion, this is quite average band. There are just dozens of similar bands out there.

True but I wish to acknowledge Made Of Iron, a Greek band with a lot of Maiden influence, their self-titled debut is a neat old school album to hear (2004).

Yeah... I got Scars&Wounds when it came out and it was decent but really nothing more. Maiden/Bruce influences are usually a good thing but these guys have a bit too much of that. I'll check out that new cd someday, see if they've found their own thing.

'Victim' is a kickass tune though. :headbang: