Machine Men

Bear

Got Shred??
Feb 6, 2002
Canton, Georgia
So I brought this up last year and there was minimal replies. Has anyone else got into this band and the newer album Elegies that is pretty freaking awesome in my opinion...As for a band that fits the PPUSA mols, they would be awesome as an opening or 2nd slot band...Their 2nd release Scars & Wounds is pretty freakingg badass too!!!Think a young Bruce Dickinson solo band influenced power metal band.

Bear

NP: Don Dokken - Forever

I am a big Fan of Machine Men, i have all their cds and yes they would be perfect for ProgpowerVIII.
Good Call Bear

Yeap huge fan myself. Have the discography myself including the Japan releases, and Finnish only singles.

Would love to see these guys play the festival. Im totally diggin the Finland Metal scene right now.

I would also recommend this new upcoming band for fans of Machine Men.

ESSENCE OF SORROW (Also from Finland)

http://www.myspace.com/essenceofsorrow

Bear said:
So I brought this up last year and there was minimal replies. Has anyone else got into this band and the newer album Elegies that is pretty freaking awesome in my opinion...As for a band that fits the PPUSA mols, they would be awesome as an opening or 2nd slot band...Their 2nd release Scars & Wounds is pretty freakingg badass too!!!Think a young Bruce Dickinson solo band influenced power metal band.

Bear

NP: Don Dokken - Forever
Yep, been into this band for over a year now ever since one of my Finnish friends recommended them when we were in a cd shop in Helsinki. Bought Elegies the last time I was there and freaking love it! They are definitley on my list for ProgPower and would make a great 2nd slot band, IMO. :headbang:

Machine Men are awesome. Saw them live at Tuska 2004 and even they only had one MCD and the debut album Scars & Wounds out, thy played a great gig.

At the moment the new CD is almost ready for mastering. Machine Men have been in studio since August recording it and According to their studio diary all recordings are done and mixing should be finished after this weekend by Monday Oct 23rd.

No release date revealed yet, but you can bookmark www.machinemen.net and keep an eye on the news section.

Yup I agree, they'd be cool to have at PP. Having seen them live too I can tell they sure deliver the goods on stage too, lots of energy on their performances and Antony sounds very good live also! When I saw them early August they played a couple of tunes from the new album too and they sounded pretty good as expected.

I still stand by the fact that they sound way more like Steel Prophet than Iron Maiden, they're good and I would have no complaints if they came, but I can't say I am huge on them or anything. You've wanted to see them a long time Bear, I know that much, so I say bring em!