Mad Men

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
Anyone watch this? I done seen every single episode.
Midway through season one, my Sopranos alarm started buzzing and I just realized today that the main writer was a creative force on that show. Meh, made me kinda lose interest. It's turning into Sopranos without the violence. They even share some cast members.

That said, Betty Draper is...well....no words can describe her :oops:

I watched a few episodes when it was getting all the hype for like 19 emmy's or whatever the award is for TV shows, and just found it incredibly boring.

yeah she and the red hot are hot as fuck...i didn't really understand why that nasty secretary was getting hit on by every guy...

I guess no one watches this.
I don't know what to think of the series yet .. I'm on the fence with it. I became interested after hearing some emmy hype as well, and downloaded the entire first season from VOD just prior to the start of the 2nd season. I watched the entire first season in like a week. I kept expecting something great to happen, and it never really did.

So far I'd say solid series nothing else ... it's a well done period piece, but the storylines are only moderately entertaining. One thing I noticed .. it's the smokiest show on television .. every single character is constantly lighting up .. a 50's/60's thing for sure. Oh yeah .. Betty Draper is a babe.

Britt

Hmm...she was in "Picket Fences". I remember watching that show. That one chick from "Charmed" was in it, too. I had kind of a crush on her.

Anyway, I wouldn't say she's nasty. She's cute. Her character is pretty frumpy, so she kinda has to fit the bill. Also, she's not a secretary anymore - she's a copywriter. Her importance to the show is probably third only to the Drapers.

Talk about hitting the lottery.

82538027hq9.jpg

What is this Firefly you guys keep talking about?

I tried watching this tonight as I've heard nothing but rave reviews, and holy shit is it bad. This is the scene I seen before I gave up and put on Married w/ Children. Jonathan check it out!

Can this scene be any more cliché?!? Cheesy dialogue, atrocious fight choreography, piss poor visual effects. :erk:

Last edited by a moderator: