Made a mix CD-R. It's very dark. Give me your thoughts.

Yeah, and I wanted a mix between familiar, laid-back songs and more obscure melodic rock. This and "Dopethrone" are going into my player right now...

Dick Sirloin said:
I think I have 10 LPD albums... that's what, like, 1/5 of their total output?

I've only heard the Sterre EP and can't remember much other than that I liked it. Give me a next move here!

Demilich said:
I've only heard the Sterre EP and can't remember much other than that I liked it. Give me a next move here!

Hmmm. Well, I think THE TOWER is really good, though it is early, and has a very archaic vibe to it for some reason. Maybe it's the keyboards. Also one of their most ominous.

Also, I think I told NAD to buy NEMESIS ONLINE first because it showcases them at their most eclectic(a lot of horns and jazz instruments to clash with the electronic and hard rock elements, although much differently that King Crimson). Also fairly recent.

Oh, and THE GOLDEN AGE. It's from their late 80s period where they used a lot of violin. Fantastic stuff.

NAD, I sent you a CD-R of ASYLUM yeeeaaarrsss ago. It's weird and good.

For a girl. She already knows I'm a weirdo.
She still listens to this collection. And also gives me the occasional BJ! :headbang: These days I don't think I'd consider this dark at all really, outside of maybe Pig Charmer. Man, that's a fucked up song.

Some friends are getting married after her bugging him for about a decade to do just that. So I made the soundtrack to their personal apocalypse, because him and I have been headbangin' buddies since like 19-dickity-2:

Bruce Dickinson - The Tower
Static X - Love Dump
Electric Wizard - Devil's Bride
Black Sabbath - Sabbra Cadabra
Mr. Bungle - Chemical Marriage
Tiamat - Atlantis as a Lover
Ulver - A Memorable Fancy, Plates 17-20
Katatonia - Funeral Wedding
Lady Gaga - Heavy Metal Lover
Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding

Last edited: