Madness!

Goreripper

Metal as fuck
Aug 24, 2001
Blue Mountains, Australia
myspace.com
What's going on in NRL/AFL this week? Not only did the Bulldogs thrash the Roosters, and the Warriors roll the Raiders, but Manly thumped Penrith and the Sharks won a game. Against Brisbane! Sweet Jesus. Then the Swans not only beat St Kilda, they splattered them all over the place. And Willy Mason admits to being an idiot. What's going on?

The Panthers had too many players out :cry: Hopefully we can get at least Campbell back for next week.

For the record, St Kilda have been very lucky so far this season and are a quite overrated team (compared to underrated last year). Watch them randomly start dropping games all over the place for the next few months..

Sydo said:
For the record, St Kilda have been very lucky so far this season and are a quite overrated team (compared to underrated last year). Watch them randomly start dropping games all over the place for the next few months..
Seriously Sydo, what fucking drugs are you on? Lucky? I've seen the Saints eleven times in the flesh, and 4 times on TV (interstate) this year, and the only team we've played badly against is Sydney! Before that game we had an average winning margin of 50 points. If we've been even slightly lucky, then I fuck horses on a regular basis.

The Saints have so far played an unusually high number of games indoor. 8 out of the first 10 were at Telstra Dome. (I think).

Brisbane were undermanned, yet should have finished the game with a draw. The games played away from Melbourne against Fremantle and Port Adelaide were against teams that are really struggling with consistency. Sydney too could be classed as inconsistant this season.
I'm quite glad I'm not in any tipping competitions this year, because the results have seemed so random at times.

The Saint havn’t surprise me at all this season.. At the end of last year I knew they on their way to being the top Victorian side, even though they didn’t even make the finals. They'll make up for that this year with a top 4 finish. I honestly do not feel however, they’ll continue their good run to seasons end. Mark these words; St Kilda will not finish on top.

I wish you hadn't named the thread "Madness!", Brian, cos I always expect the thread to be about the British band of the same name, even though I've looked at it many times already.

"Our house, in the middle of the street..." :headbang:

I watched the last fifteen minutes of the Carlton-Hawthorn game this morning. Very exciting - I think I might even watch a whole game one day. :headbang:

That's interesting, because Carlton and Hawthorn are both crap - yet they did put on a decent game from what I saw of the first half. :)