Maggie O'tooles-Fantastic show/decent venue

drumming4iam

New Metal Member
Jun 25, 2006
Just droping a quick note re: the lakewood show,
this was the first Maidens show I've (ever) seen & the
more they played, the more I got into it.
I dont really get out to see bands play anymore,
but this might change now, I was very impressed by the energy,
theatrics/props, and sheer musicianship involved. Not to mention they're all hot!!!
I met with the band afterword, and everyone of them were completely honest
and awsome as far as I could tell.
As a drummer, I paid special attention to Linda throughout the night, and was totally into her Ride(right) hand work.
There was one particular song( it was later Maiden, so I did not know it)
where she did this really heavy groov'in thing on the bass drum throughout the song-BOOM BOOM BOOM-BOOM-BOOM.
Like I said I did not know the song, so I cant be specific.
All I know is SHE KICKED ASS!!!
They all did, and I'll look forward to catching them next time they come up north again...

Hey drumming4iam! I remember chatting with ya after the show! Welcome to the boards! :) I'm wondering if the song you are talking about might be Wasted Years? Thanks for the right hand comment. :oops: It's always nice to know when you can reach someone like that. :kickass:

lol the show at Studio 7 was my first show as well (Well, not shows, but for the lovely Maidens anyway) and I hope they come back up here so I can see them again! I'd die happy, well, even though I hope that's a long ways away. I got their autographs, I was like the FIRST person in line after they finished lol Evan wins, he was wearing the Lamb of God t-shirt! I'm also in alot of the pictures that metalupyourass took, well, the back of me anyway! :) I really hope I get to see them again, the bass rocked, vocals, drums, guitars, well.. That seems to be all the everything in a band, and I liked the set up, extras and stage stuff too :) my neck is now not hurting as much as it was Saturday and Sunday (from headbanging so much!)

-Evan