Mahavishnu Orchestra

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Anybody have any albums from these guys? They are a 70's prog rock / fusion band. I've only heard 2 song's and a couple good reviews. Like to see what the royal carnage armed forces have to say. :)

Here's an mp3. I'm searching for more.
http://www2.progarchives.com/mp3/Mahavishnu%20Orchestra,%20The%20-%20Inner%20Mounting%20Flame%20-%2001%20-%20Meeting%20Of%20The%20Spirits.mp3

Here's one more supposedly with Santana

http://a420.v8383d.c8383.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/420/8383/3b858b51/mtvrdstr.download.akamai.com/8512/wmp/2/376/2348_1_9_04.asf

I have been an absolutely devoted Mahavishnu Orchestra fan for about 5 years. My old guitar teacher got me into them. All of their work is simply unique and stunning. Sometimes I cannot stress how perfect John and his crue were. I own an original Birds of Fire vinyl and the rest of their stuff (the original lineup) on CD. I have some bootleg from a BBC concert that is supposedly extremely rare... I'm looking for more info on it. But anyway, the band is fucking incredible and I want everyone to experience their glory.

Great band, I have a couple of CDs, and a few John McLaughlin too. I also just got a Magma album - an unusual prog/fusion act from the 70's that sings everything in their own language. Similar, at times, to the Mahavishnu Orchestra, interesting stuff :)

years ago when I was bigtime in a jazz phase, I would crank out the mahavishnu orchestra a lot. I would listen to Emeralds Beyond, or whatever it was , and Inner mounting flame quite a bit. Its all excellent so get ANYTHING, though I seem to remember listening to Inner Mounting Flame more so than the other.

also, Magma owns you all

I have a CD-R which I enjoy on an I'm-gonna-watch-PBS-with-my-dad kind of way. They are extraodinary musicians.

Magma rules, although I've only heard one song.

That's the one that rules. I've casually looked for that album since, but have yet to find it when I'm in the right mood to buy.

Don't bother finding it for me now, I just got a bunch of CDs. khtksnsa.

it has come to my attention that the live album, Between Nothingness & Eternity, is totally my favorite Mahavishnu Orchestra album. The Trident Sessions contains two of my favorite of their songs, Dream and Trilogy, and on Between Nothingness & Eternity these songs jam and rock out TO THE MAX. And the other track on there, Sister Andrea, is way better than the album version as well.

(but inner mounting flame is the best studio album though imo)