Maiden cover art snip?

Lamia The Great

Somewhere Out In Space
Jul 2, 2003
www.myspace.com
IID00001141.jpg

Interesting... this is on the official site now and so is a copy of Wildest Dreams...

I'm almost afraid to see the entire cover if it's truly the new art... I'm not sure why, but it just bugs me a tad bit. It reminds me of Nevermore more than Maiden...
:eek:

Methinks if the album cover resembles that the best way to avoid looking at it is to get an old pic of Eddie and tape it to the front.

*shrug* The best part about music is you don't have to look at the cd cover while listening.

Lamia The Great said:
Methinks if the album cover resembles that the best way to avoid looking at it is to get an old pic of Eddie and tape it to the front.

*shrug* The best part about music is you don't have to look at the cd cover while listening.
well, covers arent important for most bands, but this is maiden, they have always had very interesting covers...

That's just the moral of the story, if you have good cover art for years, you shouldn't piss off the artist...

Oh well. I'm glad Derek has nothing to do with this. And he doesn't, I asked.

duckattack said:
What I don't get is, usually the artwork ties in with the subject of the song - if this is really the Wildest Dreams cover, what the fuck does it have to do with it? I hate to see Maiden start just throwing shit together after all these years.
this cover may not have anything to do with the song but I can live with that, but where on earth is EDDIE?????????? That skull isnt him, it can't be :yell:

Tormentor said:
Yessy,
That's the cover of the Promo single, as I've understood it.
Maybe, just maybe the actual single will have a different cover.
Right?

What's worse the wolf and the baby or this? Or i could ask, which one is more greater? ;)

Dunno why they haven't got that french artist from neighbour of the beast as their official. After all he got to do a official t shirt :B

Irontis said:
What's worse the wolf and the baby or this? Or i could ask, which one is more greater? ;)

Dunno why they haven't got that french artist from neighbour of the beast as their official. After all he got to do a official t shirt :B
Yeah, Herve Monjeaud would be my personal choise too. He has, unjustfully according to me, been accused of being too cartoon'ish in his drawings. But returning to your first question, if anything, I could tolerate that tourposter with the Reaperman and woman...if I had to. ;)

Tormentor said:
Yessy,
That's the cover of the Promo single, as I've understood it.
Maybe, just maybe the actual single will have a different cover.
Right?
hope so, although this design aint bad at all, it's just that I like Eddie a lot

It looks very cool, but I can't help but think it's lacking the whole Maiden thing... where's the cheese? :)

No little details you only see after looking at it for a few minutes, and Eddie (I assume that's meant to be him) looks... slightly different ;)

The lack of body could be seen as a throw-back to his origins, though, so that's cool.

I like the idea, just wish they'd done it in a more characateured (is that even a word?) style, and less photographic.

[edit: It's caricatured, according to dictionary.com :)]