Maidens SLC show part 1

HobbesDawg

Stuck in Utah
Sep 16, 2003
Salt Lake City, UT
Well I'm still totaly out of it due to 5 hours of sleep and then going to work and then coming home to nap and just barely got up

I will say this blazzing show, amazing set, and the biggest, baddest surprise of all was Wickerman :)

More detailed review later. GREAT show

Reviews: Well both nights were great. The ladies kicked ass, were full of energy and had a great classic maiden double set!

The lights dim, the cue tape starts and then with a thunderous machine-gun like drum intro the show starts with a ripping rendition of Be Quick or Be Dead. Great starter to the show, the crowd gets immediately pumped, and along the stage you see the head bangers going crazy.

With a kick ass set list, the power stays high all night long. Ripping into Boots, and then into the Trooper. I'm lovein it as they pound out the tunes, so glad they are back in Utah finally and I, and well over 100+ others (even more first night!) are getting their dose of live Iron Maiden.

Next up: Caught Somewhere in Time and Wasted Years... and all along Liz (new guitarist) is meshing great, hammering out the solos and being a Trooper in her own right. We have our first Eddie stroll onto the stage as well...in full Somewhere In Time gear.

Then they dial back the clock a bit and move into some old and classic songs with: Revelations, Transylvania, Remember Tomorrow/Killers, and then NOB and Phantom. Listening to these classic tunes rocked and it was so much fun to hear them, especially Transylvania, Remember Tomorrow and Killers, three of my all time favorites.

But the show's not over yet. After slamming out a kick ass, fist pumping Phantom, they moved to Wrathchild and then the (to me) big surprise, and the surprise that brought the biggest grin to my face: The Wickerman. I couldn't believe it when I heard them segue into it, and I gota tell you I loved it.

After recovering from head banging and singing along I have just enough time to take a long drink of cold water as the ladies head into the finale of Hallowed Be Thy Name (Aja wailing like crazy! WOO), Fear of the Dark (crowd did lots of singing along on this!) and finally round out the night with Run To The Hills, leaving us like they started, pumped, full of energy, and very happy.

The second night was very similiar but for two big changes: It was the Halloween show! It was great. The crowd *AND* the band were dressed up.

We had Linda as a bat, Aja as a cave-woman, Sara's arm was a bloody mess (lol), Liz was a seductive vampress, and Wanda was a gothic witch.

But that wasn't all.. not only was there the fun of a costume contest before the show started we got a special introduction to the newest member of the Maidens. Edwina T Head made her (first?) public appearance! Riggs is the greatest, that's all I can say :)

A big shout out of thanks to Mr. Toast for arranging this double night of shows. He needed his fix and he brought us all along for the ride. Thanks again to the band and Mark and Chris as well. It was great seeing you all again and listening to you play and see what great musical professionals you all are.

Cheers and thanks for two kick ass nights! I hope to see you all again soon. Up the Irons!!

Wow impressive, I can’t believe Elizabeth can pick up all those song so fast, that’s quite a bit of stuff, and the Wickerman solo ain’t too easy either because it kinda’ tricky, but she’s only 24, and Adrian was like 43 (with all the years) when he wrote that song, and let me see, when I was 24, I didn’t know nothing about how to play crap like that. Must be kinda' sexy.

HobbesDawg said:
Reviews: Well both nights were great. The ladies kicked ass, were full of energy and had a great classic maiden double set!

The lights dim, the cue tape starts and then with a thunderous machine-gun like drum intro the show starts with a ripping rendition of Be Quick or Be Dead. Great starter to the show, the crowd gets immediately pumped, and along the stage you see the head bangers going crazy.

With a kick ass set list, the power stays high all night long. Ripping into Boots, and then into the Trooper. I'm lovein it as they pound out the tunes, so glad they are back in Utah finally and I, and well over 100+ others (even more first night!) are getting their dose of live Iron Maiden.

Next up: Caught Somewhere in Time and Wasted Years... and all along Liz (new guitarist) is meshing great, hammering out the solos and being a Trooper in her own right. We have our first Eddie stroll onto the stage as well...in full Somewhere In Time gear.

Then they dial back the clock a bit and move into some old and classic songs with: Revelations, Transylvania, Remember Tomorrow/Killers, and then NOB and Phantom. Listening to these classic tunes rocked and it was so much fun to hear them, especially Transylvania, Remember Tomorrow and Killers, three of my all time favorites.

But the show's not over yet. After slamming out a kick ass, fist pumping Phantom, they moved to Wrathchild and then the (to me) big surprise, and the surprise that brought the biggest grin to my face: The Wickerman. I couldn't believe it when I heard them segue into it, and I gota tell you I loved it.

After recovering from head banging and singing along I have just enough time to take a long drink of cold water as the ladies head into the finale of Hallowed Be Thy Name (Aja wailing like crazy! WOO), Fear of the Dark (crowd did lots of singing along on this!) and finally round out the night with Run To The Hills, leaving us like they started, pumped, full of energy, and very happy.

The second night was very similiar but for two big changes: It was the Halloween show! It was great. The crowd *AND* the band were dressed up.

We had Linda as a bat, Aja as a cave-woman, Sara's arm was a bloody mess (lol), Liz was a seductive vampress, and Wanda was a gothic witch.

But that wasn't all.. not only was there the fun of a costume contest before the show started we got a special introduction to the newest member of the Maidens. Edwina T Head made her (first?) public appearance! Riggs is the greatest, that's all I can say :)

A big shout out of thanks to Mr. Toast for arranging this double night of shows. He needed his fix and he brought us all along for the ride. Thanks again to the band and Mark and Chris as well. It was great seeing you all again and listening to you play and see what great musical professionals you all are.

Cheers and thanks for two kick ass nights! I hope to see you all again soon. Up the Irons!!

Thanks for the review, Hobbesy! It was so great to see you and I'm glad we had a nice long chat there on Sat. before hitting the stage. Your help, as always, is invaluable. The best thing about taking this show on the road is seeing our friends again...

Glad the new addition to the line up meets with your approval. Miss Liz finally had herself a FULL dose of Maidenly love! She's an absolute doll and we all love her dearly already! Fantastic energy both on and off the stage. She's a pleasure and a treasure.

Let's hope it doesn't take us as long as it has to come back and do it all again! With Toasty and co. in our corner, I know it will be sooner rather than later! :D

TimzSLC1005crop.jpg

YEAH!!! What a fun weekend!!! Thanks everyone for being so cool - couldn't have done it without you :headbang: Hey everyone next time BBQ @ HOBBES!