Make the Crew Jam an annual tradition?

Make the Crew Jam an annual tradition at ProgPower?

• Yes, I'd be interested to hear them jam a few songs.

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • No, not interested.

Votes: 24 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
I think everyone had a blast during the PP8 crew jam, and I think it's a great way for the crew to get some much deserved recognition. So how about making the crew jam an annual PP tradition? I'm thinking of something like 3 songs after the last band on Thursday or Friday. Or, perhaps just one song between the last set on Saturday and the announcement of next year's roster (should Glenn continue that practice).

I wouldn't want the jam to interfere with the festival schedule, hence I'm thinking the jam would fit best at the end of the one of the evenings, most likely Thursday or Friday when everyone is likely to be less tired and more likely to stick around for a few songs than they would on Saturday.

So, what do you think?

I'm all for it! It was fun last year to see those guys perform a few covers and, like you said, they deserve little bit of the limelight for all the hard work the put in helping Glenn. I'll let Glenn and the crew decide what timing would logistically work best, but if they're all for it, I'm for it! :headbang:

I enjoyed "The Flight of Icarus" a whole bunch last year... so I vote Si/Oui/Ja/Da/(etc). This year, I'd love to see them knock out one of them thar Dragonforce tunes. :lol:

I'd say no, nothing wow'd from me that much from the Jam. Very few songs I actually said that was a cool cover. Probaly just me because im alot younger than most of the attenders :D

I'd say no, nothing wow'd from me that much from the Jam. Very few songs I actually said that was a cool cover. Probaly just me because im alot younger than most of the attenders :D
I think you are thinking of the All-Star Jam and not the Crew Jam, which I think only consisted of "Flight of Icarus." (Someone please refresh my memory if there were other songs.) You might be young, but that's a Maiden classic, so I'm sure you've at least heard it before. ;)

90% of your posts make me want to punch babies.

These guys bust their asses the entire fest... damn straight we should let them have some applause from the crowd for their efforts. Besides, if you squint hard enough, Wayne looks just like John Sykes on stage :lol:

90% of your posts make me want to punch babies.

These guys bust their asses the entire fest... damn straight we should let them have some applause from the crowd for their efforts. Besides, if you squint hard enough, Wayne looks just like John Sykes on stage :lol:

What? Don't they get paid or are we talking volunteer work? I have respect for them but I don't necessarily pay 600 dollars to see a Crew play songs I dont know.

What? Don't they get paid or are we talking volunteer work? I have respect for them but I don't necessarily pay 600 dollars to see a Crew play songs I dont know.

dude its at the end of the night, after the last band

so if they did it you could just leave

seriously why do you have SO many negative things to say, do you have a bad personal life? sheesh find someone to talk to or something man, lighten up! i mean im all for opinions even if i think they are retarded, but sometimes you just get childish as hell.

dude its at the end of the night, after the last band

so if they did it you could just leave

seriously why do you have SO many negative things to say, do you have a bad personal life? sheesh find someone to talk to or something man, lighten up! i mean im all for opinions even if i think they are retarded, but sometimes you just get childish as hell.

Im done replying, I am not in favor of it and thats all.