Make the Crew Jam an annual tradition?

Make the Crew Jam an annual tradition at ProgPower?

• Yes, I'd be interested to hear them jam a few songs.

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • No, not interested.

Votes: 24 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words in this thread. The jam last year (including crew) was one of only two jams that will ever happen at this festival. The other will happen at the last ProgPower USA that I run.

cheers,

Glenn

Not interested. Doesn't need to be a gimmick every year aside from just the main show and the showcase. The crew does get the respect they rightfully deserve from anyone with one eye and half a brain.

I'm not interested. I was rather bored when they did it at this last PP. HOWEVER, I realize that many people here enjoy such a thing, and I like the idea of having it on Thursday night after the showcase bands have gone on. That way, those who are interested can see the crew jam out, and those of us who have no interest can go on back to the hotel. Win/win that way.

I think everyone had a blast during the PP8 crew jam, and I think it's a great way for the crew to get some much deserved recognition. So how about making the crew jam an annual PP tradition? I'm thinking of something like 3 songs after the last band on Thursday or Friday. Or, perhaps just one song between the last set on Saturday and the announcement of next year's roster (should Glenn continue that practice).

I wouldn't want the jam to interfere with the festival schedule, hence I'm thinking the jam would fit best at the end of the one of the evenings, most likely Thursday or Friday when everyone is likely to be less tired and more likely to stick around for a few songs than they would on Saturday.

So, what do you think?

I guess I didn't make it clear enough (above) that the jam would have been at the end of any of the nights - after all bands played, thus not disrupting the schedule and not making anyone wait to see a band they actually played for. The people who aren't interested could leave w/o missing anything they didn't pay to see, and the crew could have some much deserved FUN after a long, hard day's work, not to mention tolerating a fair amount of BS from certain musicians. And yes, the stage crew is a volunteer crew that wouldn't get any of your money for those one or two songs they would have played at 1:00 am or later to close the place down.

Anyway, Glenn has taken the possibility off the table which will make that second and final crew jam that much more special. :kickass: