Making a wedding speech

I think speeches are supposed to go for 2-3 hours with an intermission.

Or about 5 minutes + reading out any messages :p

Start off with some words of wisom by Jimmy from South Park.

"I can guess what you're all thinking, that guy stole my shoes! Wow what a great audience..."

I don't envy you Winmar. Public speaking is no problem for me, but being involved in weddings just makes my skin crawl. Truth be told, I'd rather go to a funeral. They're over sooner, you don't have to pretend to enjoy yourself and presents aren't required. Fortunately very few of my friends are stupid enough to get married, and if they were they'd know better than to invite me :).

W

Winmar said:
Thanks Arcane! How long did you speak for? Is that you on the left or right of the photo?

That must have been one tremendous pain in the arse for you, Shannow!
Not very long, about 3 minutes - no way was i doing a long speech :)

I'm on the left, on the right is Martin Walkyier(Skyclad).

3 minutes sounds good to me! How'd you meet Mr Walkyier, Arcane?

Sounds like a good speech you made there, Koichi!

Haha Terry I wouldn't want to shag her anyway! :)

I'm with you Wrathy, I'm not the biggest wrap for weddings either. I don't mind speaking in public either, but at a wedding....yech. If I can't teach them the difference between the past perfect and present perfect tenses, I'm gonna struggle. :)

Winmar said:
3 minutes sounds good to me! How'd you meet Mr Walkyier, Arcane?
I actually flew over to Switzerland to see them in 98, which was when that photo was taken.

I also flew over to see them in London for Martin's last show with them! And also to see Martin with his new/old band Return to the Sabbat.

Was great :)

Good work, Arcane - you must be keen! :headbang:

Just had the wedding today/tonight. Didn't make a complete arse of myself...just said what came to my head. Bride and groom really liked what I said, which was good. Made the bride cry though.