making death magnetic cover...some short clip

guitar: gibson sg -> pod x3 live -> line-in emu 0404 PCi soundcard, quad track, bogner ueberschall emulation :headbang:

bass: ibanez gsr180 -> pod x3 live -> line-in emu 0404 PCi soundcard

metal foundry preset is here
http://depositfiles.com/files/p898ta5i5

but i didnt use superior metal foundry internal plugins.....instead i bounce drumtracks through superior and then mixed these audiotracks along with the guitars and bass tracks

little trick on kick .... both kick tracks (1- mic in, 2 - mic out) was output to subgroup, where equalised and compressed

snare bottom and snare top go to another subgroup, bottom mic is 7 db volume down

before bouncing, in superior internal mixer i decrease bleeding from cymbals and other drums on kick and toms tracks, so these tracks no need to be gated or drumagoged =))

here is screenshots of all plugin settings
http://depositfiles.com/files/pgr2yhocp

yes it is
each of this 8 pieces is not exactly as the other seven pieces

so if you take piece number 1 and put it left, then take number 2 and put it right, playing them together would be doubletrack

if lenght of one piece is too short for you, simply add that piece once again at the end, and so on......

.....it all played not perfectly, but still fit on metronome click at 188 bpm

This is a really nice POD tone!

Although do you have reverb or delay on the guitars? I can hear something in the right channel delayed a bit at the start. I'd take that off.

Also lower the bass guitar, but other than that I really like it. I love the snare drum.. and MF's drums usually sound fairly awful.

Although do you have reverb or delay on the guitars? I can hear something in the right channel delayed a bit at the start. I'd take that off.
At that place one guitar track (bogner emulation in pod) is 100% left panned at full volume, second track is (peavey emulation) 100% right panned but very very low volume, no any delays used.

With that i think guitar doubletrack sound more wider but without too much chorusing, which occurs when quadtrack at full volume

i still experiment with number of rhytm guitars tracks, panning etc....

I love the snare drum..
you talk about snare used at the That Was Just Your Life-23.mp3?

or at That Was Just Your Life-14.mp3?

I like the POD-tone more. It's a rich and full sound that fits perfectly to those drums. Really nice sound. I wish the real record sounded like this.