Making the Band

MAIDEN67

Sep 18, 2004
San Diego
There is a lot of knowledgeable musicians and metal head fans hanging with this message board. I would be very curious to know what your dream band would be like. If you could put together individual musicians to make up a band, who would you pick and why?

MAIDEN67 said:
There is a lot of knowledgeable musicians and metal head fans hanging with this message board. I would be very curious to know what your dream band would be like. If you could put together individual musicians to make up a band, who would you pick and why?

Simply I can only say that they would only need to be easy to get along with; no try to be my master, working person around my age, should have good skills and ready to have a good time playing.

They also need to be able to understand what I’m talking about or be able to show me some stuff too, but must be ready to listen and not ignore with pre-conceived ideas about techniques.

You know they would need to have skills, play clean and sound clean, and not have problems with crappy sounding equipment settings, and must be able to keep rhythm that I can bounce off of.

Skillful and easy to get along with, that’s all I need, I would rather play like friends then like someone who thinks they can use you in order to fulfill their dreams of impressing chicks or something like that; they need to earn it… hee, hee..

Someone who wants to play the great songs, from many great bands, yea the whole set would be the best songs from many bands, and just have a real good time doing it

That’s all I can think of at this time.

Hmmm, lets see....

Les Claypool-bass
Zakk Wylde-guitar
James Hetfield-guitar
Joey Belladonna-drumification
Sebastian Bach-vocals

Some of those members may be interchangable with:
Neil Pert, Brian Setzer, Mark Slaughter, Kip Winger, George Lynch, and Rob Zombie

Lord of Delusions said:
Hmmm, lets see....

Les Claypool-bass
Zakk Wylde-guitar
James Hetfield-guitar
Joey Belladonna-drumification
Sebastian Bach-vocals

Some of those members may be interchangable with:
Neil Pert, Brian Setzer, Mark Slaughter, Kip Winger, George Lynch, and Rob Zombie

Woah, that would be an awesome band! I'd love to hear James and Zakk work together.

these players would be my pick for favorite tones:

jeff beck guitar
gregg allman b3/vocals
janis joplin vocals
terry bozzio drums
bernard edwards bass

hmmm, yeah, they need a horn section too - the cats from chicago!