Mystery band at Ozzfest 2006...

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
What about the year Limp Bizkit co-headlined?
Yeah, though, Ozzfest sucks, like all U.S. festivals.

That was a brilliant year, Limp Bizkit fucking rule, man.

(not rly) LOLZ

cookiecutter said:
The US has some smallscale local Deathfests, but that's about it. Nothing like Wacken. :(

Tr00. I saw one of those right here in Omaha in a venue about the size of your average 2 bedroom apartment. The first 6 bands were retarded Slipknot clones from Des Moines and the rest were local black, death, and thrash bands (most of which were very unimpressive). Anal Blast headlined the gig, though, so that was alright.

Where I live the only festival is the New England metal and HARDCORE festival. A few good bands like Suffocation and Immolation, but so much crap I just could not even think of going. Massachusetts seems to be a breeding ground for metalcore :( Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage etc.

cookiecutter said:
Where I live the only festival is the New England metal and HARDCORE festival. A few good bands like Suffocation and Immolation, but so much crap I just could not even think of going. Massachusetts seems to be a breeding ground for metalcore :( Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage etc.
suffocation are good they will be good live my good man:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :Smokin:

cookiecutter said:
Indeed, I went to this years to see Dragonforce and like half the bands were metalcore crap.

Ozzfest looks pretty bad this year, second stage has all the good bands save SOAD (I like them alright). Too much core and not enough plain metal IMO.

cookiecutter said:
They are excellent, I just didn't want to pay to see them for 20 minutes, and have to sit through 50 terrible metalcore bands.

Or even Hardcore bands yelping about "Da Streetz" or "Life being Hard":puke:

full_metal said:
Anyone curious about who the mystery band could be? The lineup's pretty sweet already. If it could be any band, who would you guys pick? Just wondering. Got my tix already. :headbang:

The ads say it's a major headlining band. There's only one band that can pack in arenas that has a new album out that don't have any dates scheduled, save for a brief tour of about 15 dates in clubs and would be about the only saving grace for the Ozzfest were it not for the way that Iron Maiden was treated at last year's show in Devore. CA.

My guess is that it's probably going to be Tool.

it's probably going to be Avenged Sevenfold or something shitty like that. Thank God i live in Finland, we have proper metal festivals like Tuska and Sauna Open Air:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: