Ragnarokkr 2014: mystery band

You listened to the people and gave them what they want!!!

I was surprised last year when I suggested them on FB and instantly like 20 people blew their loads.

Maybe someday this will happen with Squadron :)

I could honestly see Squadron doing something eventually.....there will be a lack of reissues to do and once they do theirs one day...the demand will be there for shows.

A proper Squadron reissue would sell quite well.
Are you listening Jeremy Golden????????????
Get in there before someone else does, because I know it will happen someday.

Don't encourage him

Blow it out your arse Kid Khaos!!!!

Before last year's fest, there were only two people around here who knew what the hell a Tyrant's Reign was.

If Squadron were re-issued and played the fest, they would gain a LOT of new fans, and that's a good thing!

Blow it out your arse Kid Khaos!!!!

Before last year's fest, there were only two people around here who knew what the hell a Tyrant's Reign was.

If Squadron were re-issued and played the fest, they would gain a LOT of new fans, and that's a good thing!

only way it would ever happen is if it was cheap and a demand for it. So I doubt it will ever happen sadly.

Yes, but a lot of people first hear of a band from their stuff getting reissued.

There are tons of Chicago bands who were barely known by many, myself included, prior to their stuff getting ressiued. Enforcer and Amulance quickly come to mind.

If Stormspell did a properly marketed Squadron reissue, there would be some demand for the disc.

Look at all the stuff most labels reissue.
A lot of the bands are ones who were hardly known prior to the reissue.

Yes, but a lot of people first hear of a band from their stuff getting reissued.

There are tons of Chicago bands who were barely known by many, myself included, prior to their stuff getting ressiued. Enforcer and Amulance quickly come to mind.

If Stormspell did a properly marketed Squadron reissue, there would be some demand for the disc.

Look at all the stuff most labels reissue.
A lot of the bands are ones who were hardly known prior to the reissue.

you hit the nail on the head...Stormspell market. They seem to rush out mass amounts at one time with little advertising. They do a great job and do top notch reissues. But still...the releases get buried by each other.

then it comes down to money for a band who reunites for shows then. Doubt Squadron would play for cheap.

then it comes down to money for a band who reunites for shows then. Doubt Squadron would play for cheap.

I have no idea about that.
They weren't exactly huge by any means back when they were active.

Some of the members play in various local hard rock bands.
Certainly still have chops and doing it because they like it and not because of $$$ as they aren't making a living off of it.

Anything is possible.

I have no idea about that.
They weren't exactly huge by any means back when they were active.

Some of the members play in various local hard rock bands.
Certainly still have chops and doing it because they like it and not because of $$$ as they aren't making a living off of it.

Anything is possible.

well how come "certain bands" are not playing your show this Friday? there is your answer.

For some reason I was 100% convinced that Amulance was on the lineup this year but I dont see them on the poster, nor do I see a topic about them being added. Why aren't they on board? Everyone's been saying how good they were at their return gigs

they are...they are now on the poster and have been announced here on the forum over a month ago!!!

you hit the nail on the head...Stormspell market. They seem to rush out mass amounts at one time with little advertising. They do a great job and do top notch reissues. But still...the releases get buried by each other.

You hit the nail on the head! They need to do sporadic releases, because the dude will release a ton then it'll take him forever to ship everything.

well how come certain bands are not playing your show this Friday? there is your answer.

so much for our mutual understanding of no dirty laundry in public!!! HA!!!!

YEah, of course, there will ALWAYS be bands who have specific financial demands that hold them back from playing more.

Bottom line there are many bands out there from the past who have zero clue that they may be in demand.

Why are you focusing only on the bands who have taken a lot more incentive to get things going??????