The Fiasco That Is Ozzfest

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
I think we all know about the disgraceful behaviour displayed by the Ozzfest organizers towards the legendary band Iron Maiden.

If not...take a minute and read this...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=40777

Now before this happened, Ozzfest was seemingly on the decline. Not even this so-called 'Swedish Invasion' of In Flames, Arch Enemy, Soilwork, and The Haunted could help the festival. But these bands, along with a healthy group of Maiden fans attended this festival.

Do you think it's over for the Ozzfest and mainstream metal in general? Or does it still have a chance at redeeming itself from the childish act that seems beyond redemption?

Pfft, I've said it once and I'll say it again, associate with and in turn upset worthless scum/easily manipulated Ozzfest-goers and you're bound to end up with egg on your face. Maiden should've seen this coming - they didn't - here's hoping they've learnt plenty from their error.

As for the rest of your post, you seem to be speaking from the perspective that mainstream metal had any credibility before this incident; the wrong perspective.

Well, yeah. Even when Metallica made it to the mainstream, it was after they 'met them half-way' so to speak. The best that metal has to offer will always be in the underground...but I guess I'm not like most metal fans. I do want to see my metal heroes get some recognition. But lately it seems that it's really not worth it. May the Kings Of Metal flourish with the fans...

Sharon fucked up royally by taking this out on the entire band...
She should have dealt with Bruce accordingly in private.
Is Ozzfest dead? Yes! Geezer & Tony are probably kicking thmeselves for going out
on this tour rather than their own to support their solo records...

It just shows what a power mad, childish, unprofessional and egomaniac bitch that Sharon Osbourne is.

Fuck her and fucking Ozzfest.

Maiden forever