Ozzfest 2005

Dec 19, 2003
CT, Atlanta
In Flames opened for the first stage at Ozzfest 2005. Actually a lotta great bands played. I remember thinking In Flames we’re sort of selling out at that time for doing that, but it was not like that. Anyone else see them Ozzfest 2005? Other bands that played: Arch Enemy, Soilwork, Shadows Fall, Trivium. The Haunted.. then we also had Killswitch, Mastodon, Iron Maiden, As I Lay Dying(who I like, well at least mid 2000s) Ozzfest 2005 was good, i was there in Hartford, Connecticut. It was also Black Sabbath that year vs Ozzy....

I’ve been an In Flames fan since 2003. Going to see them live in Atlanta Dec. 15

In Flames opened for the first stage at Ozzfest 2005. Actually a lotta great bands played. I remember thinking In Flames we’re sort of selling out at that time for doing that, but it was not like that. Anyone else see them Ozzfest 2005? Other bands that played: Arch Enemy, Soilwork, Shadows Fall, Trivium. The Haunted.. then we also had Killswitch, Mastodon, Iron Maiden, As I Lay Dying(who I like, well at least mid 2000s) Ozzfest 2005 was good, i was there in Hartford, Connecticut. It was also Black Sabbath that year vs Ozzy....

I’ve been an In Flames fan since 2003. Going to see them live in Atlanta Dec. 15
Didn’t make that tour but me and my friends were into most of those bands at the time. That was pretty much peak In Flames in terms of American popularity. I bet it was an awesome show.

I've obviously never been to Ozzfest but I did see IF supporting Motorhead in 2005. Setlist was:

The Quiet Place
Pinball Map
System
Episode 666
Clayman
Trigger
Cloud Connected
Touch of Red
Colony
My Sweet Shadow

I remember being a little underwhelmed at the time and annoyed there were no Jester Race songs, but if they played a live set like that nowadays I'd shit my pants. So, retrospectively a good gig. I stayed for Motorhead but to me it sounded like they played Ace of Spades for an hour and a half tbh.

I think Rob Zombie was headlining second stage when they came on. I saw them, yeah, it was OK. Their set a few years later at another fest at the same venue in Camden (AILD was headlining) was much, much more fun.