Dt at ozzfest 2007

FearTheReaper

Aug 14, 2006
Buffalo, N.Y.
Its not official but what would you guys think if they played at ozzfest? Its a touchy concept but i think it would be pretty cool.2006's lineup was pretty bad on the 1st stage,but 2005's lineup i think was amazing,Maiden & Sabbath.I also like Killswitch Engage and the majority of the bands on the second stage last year.

Gigantour seems more appropriate.

screw ozzfest. no matter how much i like dt i'd never go see them at a bullshit event like that.

tickets are like $60 US and you get to sift through a sea of people and never get close to the stage unless you want to be uncomfortable and trampled upon. personally i'd rather drive 5 or 6 hours to go see them at a small gig if they were not passing through my area.

DT can do better than ozzfest, and the reason opeth didn't fit in to GT this year was because they were better than everyone else.

I don't agree with that ! You can't compare Opeth with Lamb of God or Megadeth. And they chose soft songs, so between Arch Enemy and LoG, everybody was falling asleep... Not a wise decision, imo. A full concert of Opeth is good but at the Gigantour I was very disappointed !:erk:

If you can't compare them, maybe that means they didn't fit in, after all.

Of course, you are right. I meant you can't compare them to say Opeth is better than the other bands that were on the line up... because they are different, they just didn't fit there ! But not because they are "better"... imo.

i think its better when a band does not "fit" the show, i mean opeth has a very original sound that cant be compared to any band i know. and thats really cool for a show, its not like hearing the same style all night...
but i agree with kitkat in a point. opeth chose soft songs between lamb of god, megadeth and arch enemy and that could be a little boring for some people...

Maybe this is why DT will not be on OZZfest???
I had a misconception about festivals in general, I always thought that the bands were paid to appear but my understanding now is that the bands must pay the promoter to be part of a festival, don't know if this it true for every festival? OZZfest will be free for the fans this year, people were wondering how this is possible? In past years bands(on the second stage) were charged at least $75,000 for slot on OZZfest, don't know if this fee was charged to the main stage, headlining groups?
The real surprise for me was many bands made up that fee from money made from selling merchandise at the festival.
Is it any wonder concert shirts cost so much -

I thought Ozzfest was that thingy where bands go to die.. On a more serious note, I hope that DT never play such a crappy festival as Ozzfest, it wouldn't do them justice to play for 20 minutes or so. They deserve a 90 minute headline set each night :kickass: