Dimmu Borgir at Ozzfest '04 official

NocturnalSun

The Dark Wanderer
Finally, it has been made official. Ozzfest is finally getting a decent unholy kick in the ass. This year's lineup looks very badass and I think it will be one of Ozzfest's best years (with exception, of course, for those dumb shits we call Slipknot). I agree that Dimmu Borgir are selling out to some extent, being more commercial and all, but I don't think the music has suffered one bit. What does everyone think about the lineup this year, more specifically Dimmu Borgir being on Ozzfest? Here's the official announcement/lineup:

The Ozzfest line-up was announced yesterday and here are the artists:

Main Stage:
OZZY OSBOURNE
JUDAS PRIEST
SLAYER
DIMMU BORGIR :headbang: :worship:
SUPERJOINT RITUAL
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY

Second Stage:
SLIPKNOT
HATEBREED
LAMB OF GOD

Rotating:
ATREYU
BLEEDING THROUGH
LACUNA COIL
EVERY TIME I DIE
UNEARTH

It would be cheaper to go see the bands that I actually would want to see, individually, on their own tours. I'm not interested in paying like $70+ to stand 3 miles away from the stage on a hot, humid summer day, while being surrounded by an assortment of assholes (ie: moshers, people who yell "SLAYER!!!!" no matter who is playing, kids, people with bad hair, Ozzy's retarded fanbase, ect....). No thanks.

all of the mainstage acts look great with the exception of superjoint ritual and seeing lacuna coil/lamb of god would be cool too. putting up with all the commercial bullshit wannabes is a price to pay, though.

Wow, I'm stunned. Nu-metal is officially dead. Ozzfest was the one thing nu-metal still had to thrive upon and now it's gone for them. 'Tis a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Maybe next year we can see some death metal and more black metal in the mix.

The last time I went to Ozzfest was almost four years ago and I had a miserable time despite great performances by Fear Factory, Slayer, and Rob Zombie. I vowed never to go again but the Priest reunion tour is too much for me to pass on, especially with Slayer, Lacuna Coil, and Dimmu now in the mix. I will be there.

I think it is great thet Dimmu is on the bill. The kiddies arent gonna know what hit them. Same with Priest and Slayer. I think this is fucking great. I don't think that Dimmu Borgir are selling out. They are just getting themselves more exposure. You can't call them sell outs until they make an album in which they have sold out. If you were in a band and had an underground following but had the chance to take it to the next level and change the tide of heavy metal tell me you wouldn't. This is an awesome opportunity to wipe nu metal off the map and put heavy metal back where it belongs.

TheGraveDigger said:
I think it is great thet Dimmu is on the bill. The kiddies arent gonna know what hit them. Same with Priest and Slayer. I think this is fucking great. I don't think that Dimmu Borgir are selling out. They are just getting themselves more exposure. You can't call them sell outs until they make an album in which they have sold out. If you were in a band and had an underground following but had the chance to take it to the next level and change the tide of heavy metal tell me you wouldn't. This is an awesome opportunity to wipe nu metal off the map and put heavy metal back where it belongs.

Actually Dimmu did sell out.

Listen to For All Tid. Then listen to the new shit.

See a difference?

Ozzfest is shit.