US Ozzfest Lineup does include Priest...

Jonoleth

Sep 3, 2003
Leeds, UK
This is the Ozzfest US lineup and it does include Priest... In my opinion a crying shame... Lets hope that they dont get overrun by little nu-metal twats like Maiden did (although Maiden arent nearly as metal in my opinion)...
Hopefully we wont be seeing kids in baggy trousers and Priest hoodies... in fact lets make sure they dont manufacture Priest hoodies, that'll combat that...

Main Stage:

OZZY OSBOURNE
JUDAS PRIEST
SLAYER
DIMMU BORGIR
SUPERJOINT RITUAL
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY

Second Stage:

SLIPKNOT
HATEBREED
LAMB OF GOD

Rotating:

ATREYU
BLEEDING THROUGH
LACUNA COIL
EVERY TIME I DIE
UNEARTH
GOD FORBID

Good to see that most of the rest of the lineup is wank as expected... what a stupid thing for Priest to do...

Jonoleth said:
Good to see that most of the rest of the lineup is wank as expected... what a stupid thing for Priest to do...
Dunno about that. The US is a very harsh market, and if they can get a nationwide tour of major venues by joining Ozzfest, then good luck to them (AFAIK, it costs at least 50 grand straight to Sharon Osbourne to even be on the bill, so hopefully it'll pay off for them). Personally, I was quite impressed with the lineup, at least compared to previous Ozzfests. True, I haven't heard of most of the second stage bands, and assume they'll be Kerrang! shit, but if I came over here, I might even consider going. Ozzy, Priest, Dimmu Borgir, BLS and Lacuna Coil all on the same bill? I can put up with a fair amount of shit for that...

I have to agree with you i suppose that it is better than it has previously been but i still think Priest would have been better off with their own headlinetour... dont tell me Priest cant do that... Ok so it wouldnt be on the same scale but it would still be a major thing...

Pray tell but what other Priest would it be? Is there another band parading as them in a similar manner to the crappy version of Saxon?

It's probably the best Ozzfest line up in years with the likes of Priest & Slayer on board. However this does not change that fact that it's still a total bag of wank compared to genuine metal fests like Bloodstock, Wacken & Bang Your Head.

Eagle said:
It's probably the best Ozzfest line up in years with the likes of Priest & Slayer on board. However this does not change that fact that it's still a total bag of wank compared to genuine metal fests like Bloodstock, Wacken & Bang Your Head.

Too right Eagle. true metalheads wouldn't be seen dead at Ozzfest.

Priest are a strage choice for Ozzfest IMHO. They should play Bloodstock or Wacken, Or both. Real metal festivals :)

What do Priest hope to achieve ?

Jonoleth said:
Good to see that most of the rest of the lineup is wank as expected...

You have to make an exception for Lamb of God, though: what an utterly superb band and supreme justice to see them as a permanent fixture on the bill where they deserve to be. Shame they're lumped in with dross like Hatebreed and Slipknot, but hey...

I did write 'most of the rest' i can see that its not as utterly crap as usual and some bands dont fit into the baggy trousered teenager genre...

"all that stuff is evil, Ozzy, Judas Priest....there's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the beast"........an (in)acurate quote from???

Personally I think that is a fucking great lineup for a fest and I'll be there while you lot sit looking at homoerotic imagery, listening to no-end of bands who sound like Helloween while telling yourselves how true you are :p

I think main stage is very rich line up and I'd like to go if I could. But I wouldn't care for other stuff like 2nd stage.

I hope Judas Priest does their own tour in the UK. Yes the best classic "Pain Killer" line up!

Between The Hammer & The Anviiiiiiiiiil!!!!!!!!!!

\m/ (~~) \m/

Theyve got to tour the UK! i have to see them and preferably minus the rerst of the Ozzfest tosh... They can do a maiden style arena tour...

Looking at the Ozzfest 04 Lineup a few thoughts come to mind:
1. Sharon Osbourne has twigged that the wheels have come off Nu-metal.
2. All the kids who check out Lacuna Coil will get to see where Evanesence got their ideas from.
3. No chance this lineup will come over here is there? Ozzy, Priest, Slayer and Lacuna Coil on the same bill? Sounds pretty good to me.
4. And let's pray for Ozzfest 05 to have Dragonforce, Nightwish and Saxon!

that's what i thought...even if ozzfest gets decent line-ups, they shouldnt be the same material as bloodstock. we've got to recognise that while it's getting more popular, bloodstock kind of metal is still pretty much in the minority in this country, and also i think bands like nightwish deserve better than to be associated with the corporate farce that Ozzfest has become, although in the end i guess if they were asked it'd be up to them...

Big D said:
3. No chance this lineup will come over here is there? Ozzy, Priest, Slayer and Lacuna Coil on the same bill? Sounds pretty good to me.
Nope, no chance at all. They've put together the first Ozzfest lineup that I'd even consider going to, and then put it out of reach by placing several thousand miles of water between it and me.