Dimmu Borgir at Ozzfest '04 official

Slipknot sound nothing like Dimmu Borgir, Corey and Shagrath's screams are worlds apart and Galder/Silenoz's technicality and coordination far surpass anything Slipknot has done guitar-wise. Lastly, if you bothered to take a good look at what DB really is, you would see that Vortex handles clean harmonized vocals like no one else, he is superb. I don't see any of that in the talentless Slipknot. Those two bands are completely different and the reasons they are are almost endless, so I won't go on and on.

Now please, go fall on an icepick and make the world a better place.

No worries, he would not have to fall on one, i'd swing it for him.... you simply show your ignorance by comparing bands that are far apart in musical ability, theme and every other respect. Your statement speaks for itself.

EyesToBleedFrom said:
Question:

If you like the new Dimmu Borgir, why do you hate Slipknot so much?

The only real difference in the two bands is that Dimmu uses a lot of synth.
As much as I despise both bands, I couldn't disagree more.

Gracious, such mean words come back to me for simply stating my opinion.....

Dimmu's ability and what they do are two separate beings, as are (I'm sure) Slipknot's.

My comparison of the two bands was not in reference to the styles, but to the lack of any originality, both musically and lyrically.
Dimmu plays the tired, old devil-worship card where as Slipknot touts the I'm-so-pissed-at-everyone-and-I-hate-myself one.
Both bands use power chords as the bulk of their songs, and manage to continue using similar or the same power chords throughout an album so that all the songs sound the same.

Both bands are bland; however, Dimmu Borgir is bland with keyboards.

Soilent Goat said:
Maybe you mean well...but for fuck's sake Metalcore is not the new nu-metal. Evergrey, Moonspell, Hate Eternal, and Suffocation have all been seen on Headbanger's Ball too. So let's go right on ahead and fuck off. :Spin:
Man I love metalcore. My point was that this tour was full of it where normally it would eb nu-metal. A nu-metal tour(probably the biggest) is now a metalcore tour...

EyesToBleed: You were not just "stating your opinion" you were making a wholly unsupported, utterly insulting claim between two comepltely unrelated bands. Now that you specified why you think this, it becomes a supproted statement that can be debated and such, whereas before it was an ignorant statement meant to piss people off. I still do nto agree with you by any means, but your clarifying what you emant makes it easier to converse about

My initial post was not me being belligerent; it was simply me asking why people love DCA but hate slipknot in an opinionated manner. I view both bands (well, newer Dimmu...For All Tid through Enthrone Darkness Triumphant were brilliant), in the same light.

Had I been looking for a war-of-words, I would have posted something along the line of, "Dimmu Borgir fucking sucks and you fucking suck for liking them."

Well, for clarities sake, maybe in the future it may be better to make that a little more clear.... in any case it is not like it matters. Everyone will survive, with or without a comparison of Dimmu to Slipknot. I cannot fathom how you can compare DCA to anything Slipknot composed however. In originality, musical compostion and thematic elements/atmosphere

I don't like either band...but that comparison is rediculous...

EyesToBleedFrom said:
Both bands use power chords as the bulk of their songs, and manage to continue using similar or the same power chords throughout an album
But how is that different than 90% of bands? Power chords are the essentials for metal and they always have been. Look at the Black Sabbath days, old Metallica days, Judas Priest days... they ALL used power chords to dominate their songs.

If you were talking in your own opinion, you might want to do what Destroyer of Orden said and clarify that a little more, because as a statement, "Dimmu Borgir are exactly like Slipknot except they use keys" is probably one of the stupidest comparisons I've heard.