Ozzfest announced

I like metal but I don't like War Enseble or Postmortem and even Angel of Death really. As I said, it depends on what you look for in your music. If good riffs are all it takes to make a good song for you, then yeah Slayer are pretty good. If you want more than good riffs and want good melodies & choruses, then bands like Slayer won't appeal to you.

So I'm NOT saying they aren't good at what they do, just that you can't say people who don't like mustn't like metal haha coz not all metalheads have the same taste. I personally like stuff that's catchy & melodic so I don't like Slayer, and I'm sure lots of other people in the world also feel the same.

spawn said:
Or unless they are Sprucey, who would sit there with a dumb look on his face and go "Who are these guys? Why couldnt they put Dream Theater on or something? OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT HORRIBLE NOISE? Oh he is doing a guitar solo, and he isnt even SWEEP PICKING! Haha loser!" ;)

Hey, quit that :mad: :lol: It's ok Sprucey, they just don't understand true greatness. :D

Regardless of Slayer, as I said earlier, Priest are a band that most people (especially metal heads) should be able to enjoy on some level, as they are alot more diverse and are pretty much good at everything. 70s rock, catchy glam metal, anthemic metal, shredding heavy metal, ballads, etc. Priest rock.

Wenda said:
Hey, quit that :mad: :lol: It's ok Sprucey, they just don't understand true greatness. :D
:lol: Actually I was making fun of the fact that Sprucey has NEVER heard any Slayer, not that Dream Theater suck :)

I don't like either band.

Although Dream Theater would get my vote because "Pull Me Under" and "Another Day" are better than any Slayer song.

Slayer are fucking one of the worst thrash bands in the fucking history of music. Yeah sure they might be influential but does that make them good? No!.

Judas Priest bore the fuck out of me. Give me Maiden any day.

Slayer are like AC/DC, they have used the one riff for their entire career.

Haupassia said:
Slayer are fucking one of the worst thrash bands in the fucking history of music. Yeah sure they might be influential but does that make them good? No!.

Judas Priest bore the fuck out of me. Give me Maiden any day.
:ill: :bah: :guh: :err: :yuk:

Blitzkrieg said:
I pity a man who finds 'Painkiller' boring. Sure, you might not like it, but to say it is boring is ridiculous.
It is stunning that you people are so interested in my opinions.

-----------

Awesome People - Me

Bad People

Fucksticks - this is where you lot are.

Astounded, shocked, even appalled. Interested is giving yourself a lot of credit... :)

Haupassia said:
Slayer are like AC/DC, they have used the one riff for their entire career.
Don't even compare these 2! Sure AC/DC might use the same 3 chords for 25 years, but they use them well and they are they only band I know who can write about 15 albums worth of awesome songs without changing or adding new elements in! Some people might call it uninventive, but I think its quite the opposite, it aint easy to write 150 songs using the same simple & limited formula, and most of them be good! To me that's great songwriting!

AC/DC = Best rock & roll band ever along with KISS. And alot more consistent than Kiss. Probably better than Kiss but Kiss are my favourite.