OMG! i never thought i'd be saying this but, i think im gonna go to ozzfest this year

ChaosWithoutProphecy

disciple of the watch
Mar 4, 2002
so cal
Visit site
that is, if this is the line-up for this year
Main Stage:

OZZY OSBOURNE
JUDAS PRIEST
SLAYER :headbang:
DIMMU BORGIR :headbang: :headbang:
SUPERJOINT RITUAL
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
:headbang:

Second Stage:

SLIPKNOT
HATEBREED
LAMB OF GOD
:headbang:

Rotating:

ATREYU
BLEEDING THROUGH
LACUNA COIL
EVERY TIME I DIE
UNEARTH
GOD FORBID

i mean FUCK! :hotjump: i would go just to see Dimmu and BLS! but throw in slayer , lamb of god and judas priest.....and i just cant miss it!

your thoughts?

no shit! best line up ive seen in YEARS! my friend really wants me to go anyway so im gonna go with him this year! shit yeah! i always wanted to see Slayer and Judas Priest and others on that bill!

Wow... 4 bands I have to see, another 3 that I wouldn't mind seeing again, and the rest which I can just walk around and find friends....

I've never seen an Ozzfest with so many decent bands. :loco: Scary

Alot of people are saying that about Ozzfest this year Chaos. I remember they sent out a survey months ago asking fans which bands people wanted to see at Ozzfest and I guess their listening to who people actually want to see.

^ yeah, because they had so many problems with the line up every year...
a lot of people were complaining that its a nu-metal fest, leading by an old geezer.
I dont remember which year exactly was it, but they took CrazyTown (eeeew)
and it was a nightmare for them.... the crowd threw bottles on stage, shouted "boooooooo" through the whole show... they had to let them go at the middle of the festival...
(Jack Osbourn and his ideas! :) )

Happy to see some "real" metal this year!!! looks great!

have fun ChaosWithoutProphecy!!!

It's good to see Lacuna Coil getting some attention. Even though they are Italian power metal, this band is really good at the sound they're trying to nail. That band "Evanescence" has got to be one of the biggest rip-off artists in music history. That took Lacuna Coils "Comalies" album, substituted Nu Metal raps vocals for clean male vocals (like Lacuna Coil does) and had the nerve to release the album. Absolutely shameless...and people are eating up that Evenescence shit like crazy too. Lacuna Coil should find a way to sue them for theft of intellectual property or something like that. If anything their label should begin some sort of smear campaign against Evanescence. Very unethical and unoriginal what they did...or rather didn't do...MAKE THEIR OWN ALBUM.

Dead_Lioness said:
I dont remember which year exactly was it, but they took CrazyTown (eeeew)
and it was a nightmare for them.... the crowd threw bottles on stage, shouted "boooooooo" through the whole show... they had to let them go at the middle of the festival...

Hopefully that will happen again this year to Atreyu!

Yea so this year will be my first ozzfest too. Other years were just plain weak except for the one with Down and Meshuggah but I missed that shit. Oh and 99 was fucking awesome too, Primus and Slayer!!!

and these are the rest from blabbermouth:

Ozzfest tour dates:

Jul. 10 - Hartford, CT @ ctnow.com Meadows Music
Jul. 12 - Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center
Jul. 14 - Wantagh, NY @ Tommy Hilfiger at Jones Beach Th.
Jul. 16 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
Jul. 18 - Bristow, VA @ Nissan Pavilion
Jul. 20 - Columbus, OH @ Germain Amphitheatre
Jul. 22 - Nashville, TN @ Starwood Amphitheatre
Jul. 24 - Englewood, CO @ Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
Jul. 27 - Auburn, WA @ White River Amphitheatre
Jul. 29 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
Jul. 31 - Devore, CA @ Hyundai Pavilion of Glen Helen
Aug. 03 - Albuquerque, NM @ Journal Pavilion
Aug. 05 - Dallas, TX @ Smirnoff Music Center
Aug. 07 - San Antonio, TX @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Aug. 10 - Kansas City, KS @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Aug. 12 - Maryland Heights, MO @ UMB Pavilion
Aug. 14 - East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
Aug. 17 - Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy Center
Aug. 19 - Cleveland, OH @ Blossom Music Center
Aug. 21 - Tinley Park, IL @ Tweeter Center
Aug. 24 - Indianapolis, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
Aug. 26 - Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center at the Waterfront
Aug. 28 - Burgettstown, PA @ Post-Gazette Pavilion @ Star Lake
Aug. 31 - Raleigh, NC @ Alltel Pavilion @ Walnut Creek
Sep. 02 - Tampa, FL @ Tampa Bay Amphitheatre
Sep. 04 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Sound Advice Amphitheatre

I like going to Ozz Fest......we usually go with a group of friends, and drink & hang out, and have fun......but I also like to check bands that I've never heard of.....or don't think I'd like.......just to see what their about, and decide for myself........And I really think thats what the Ozz Fest is about, turning people on to new music and bands that they otherwise might not go and see......They try and attract numbers of people with the big headliners & pay them good $......then sign on lesser up and coming bands, and make them pay up the ass.......in return they get press, a great tour, and a new audience, that watchs them, and they think, hopefully go out and buy their new album.

slays.jpg
brewtality.JPG

FUCK! Yet ANOTHER year that Ozzfest is on a weekday. (It matters because I'm lazy and I have to go to summer school)

Looks like I won't be going, or I'll be going late and missing a lot of the bands (Hopefully the main stage bands [Where most of the ones I want to see are] won't be on until 2:00 or 3:00 at the earliest...)

I don't think I want to support slipknot and ozzy just to see slayer and priest.
priest should be headlining ozzfest! :D

or better yet, they shoudn't be there!
, does that mean no more priest/testament tours?! :yell: