Anthrax not on Ozzfest

DREDDTHIS

New Metal Member
Feb 23, 2005
Just some info found on the MTV News web site. Guess they did not get the gig. Probably not gonna be a huge reunion after all. I feel for Bush. After weeks of speculation about who will be sharing the Ozzfest stage this summer with Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Shadows Fall and Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society, the big secret's finally out: Heavy metal quartet Mudvayne have been named the final mainstage act.

A photo of the band was posted Monday morning (April 4) on the Ozzfest 2005 Web site, replacing the ominous band silhouette and large white question mark that appeared in that mystery spot ever since the roster was announced just a few weeks ago (see "Ozzfest Lineup, Itinerary Announced").

There had been much speculation since the initial Ozzfest 2005 announcement concerning who the surprise headliner might be. Anthrax, Disturbed, Slayer, the surviving members of Alice in Chains (with Zakk Wylde handling vocals), System of a Down, Megadeth, Rammstein, Velvet Revolver and Damageplan (with Wylde on guitar, filling in for the late "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott), were all rumored to be that band.

Ozzfest, which also features Killswitch Engage, the Black Dahlia Murder, Rob Zombie, As I Lay Dying, Mastodon, the Haunted, In Flames, Arch Enemy, Soilwork and Trivium, kicks off July 15 at Mansfield, Massachusetts' Tweeter Center, and wraps up September 4 in West Palm Beach, Florida, at the Sound Advice Amphitheatre.

If Zakk tries to sing Alice in Chains I'll whip a beer bottle at his head

GregadetH said:
This is not intended to get a rise out of you by any means...but why are you still posting here then?

A) Being a student of history, I like the free speech part of our fine document. (not the gun part though)

B) I want some more clarification from the band as to what the future holds and an answer as to "why now?" Neither were covered at that contrived press conference.

C) I can't find my goddamned organizer/planner, so tonights ordering and faxing of supplies for my Cystic Fibrosis fundraiser and Junior Prom are on hold until that damned planner pops up :erk:

D) I recently gave up the bottle to begin training for biking season and I'm a bit edgy. (But I'm thinking about quitting altogether. The $$$$$ is starting to outweigh the fun. Never thought I'd say that, but as I approach 30 my priorities are shifting.)

E) although I am supposed to be in training mode, I have two bulging discs in my back, and a pinched nerve, so I really can't do anything. Yes, it does suck.

Thanks and have a nice day.

GregadetH said:
This is not intended to get a rise out of you by any means...but why are you still posting here then?
Oh and another reason, $cott once said that about Joey, and I like to point out $cotts foot in mouth disorder. I may be an asshole, but I'm a damned consistent one. I also admire Charlie for keeping quiet on his opinions. I always like when I see/hear $cott put somebody/band down, and then a month or two, I see him hanging with those people. And he wonders why no one wants to take them out on tour..............

"An Anthrax reunion would have been a joke as everyone would have left to get their beer. Now, if they would have rolled out the WCFYA line-up, it may have been different"

It wouldn't have made a difference which Anthrax was there. Not everyone would get up to get beer. Either Anthrax would have went over fine at Ozzfest. Besides, the half of the crowd that is the general old folk at Ozzfest (over 30) would probably know the Belladonna Anthrax more than the Bush line-up. So what if the kids don't dig it? They could go watch some shitty emo-screamo crap on the side stage or hang out at the Hot Topic tent.

Why do you always have to incorporate your opinion into some asinine situation that only you believe would happen? We've already heard your "I'll be in the beer line during Anthrax at Ozzfest cuz I'm a cool beer drinking dude and I think the reunion sucks" story a dozen times.

We know you like Bush Anthrax and hate the Joey stuff. In case you can't comprehend it, there wouldn't be a Bush Anthrax if the Belladonna line-up had never existed. They're doing a reunion tour. Big deal. You swing from KISS' nuts and thought the Van Halen tour last year was the greatest thing to come along since the vagina. It's pretty sad that you don't realize that the Roth-era VH kicks the Hagar era's ass. Hell, I even saw the DLR / Sammy tour a few years ago, and Dave wiped the floor with Sammy then.

Maybe you should spend a little less time being so self-centered...while you lilke to think it's all about you, it's not. You're the king dumbass of this board, and frankly, I'm embarrassed to live in the same state as you.

Once again, TD rules and Greg thinks he is better and speaks for everyone, but he doesn't. We should be happy that people like TD and Johnny Czech (among others) are here to give all sides and opinions.

SaviourSelf said:
Once again, TD rules and Greg thinks he is better and speaks for everyone, but he doesn't. We should be happy that people like TD and Johnny Czech (among others) are here to give all sides and opinions.
Agreed with you, i always enjoy TD and Johnny post because they got the ball's to express they're feelings and toughts without to have to lick the band ass. They're not Stepford fans (to quote TD even if i dont know what is a STEPFORD FANS, i thougt it's sound good).
:hotjump:

some sort of stepford wives jibe i guess..........so a stepford fan must be........

a robotic fan who does nothing but to please their master

kinda fits huh ;)

so if they are not on ozzfest then why the fuck did we have to wait ages for that 'bullshit countdown' on the website.
what reason do they have for keeping us fans in the dark for so long??

correct me if i am wrong but didn;t scott say joey sucked on numerous ocassions?

chiefs45177 said:
"An Anthrax reunion would have been a joke as everyone would have left to get their beer. Now, if they would have rolled out the WCFYA line-up, it may have been different"

It wouldn't have made a difference which Anthrax was there. Not everyone would get up to get beer. Either Anthrax would have went over fine at Ozzfest. Besides, the half of the crowd that is the general old folk at Ozzfest (over 30) would probably know the Belladonna Anthrax more than the Bush line-up. So what if the kids don't dig it? They could go watch some shitty emo-screamo crap on the side stage or hang out at the Hot Topic tent.

Why do you always have to incorporate your opinion into some asinine situation that only you believe would happen? We've already heard your "I'll be in the beer line during Anthrax at Ozzfest cuz I'm a cool beer drinking dude and I think the reunion sucks" story a dozen times.

We know you like Bush Anthrax and hate the Joey stuff. In case you can't comprehend it, there wouldn't be a Bush Anthrax if the Belladonna line-up had never existed. They're doing a reunion tour. Big deal. You swing from KISS' nuts and thought the Van Halen tour last year was the greatest thing to come along since the vagina. It's pretty sad that you don't realize that the Roth-era VH kicks the Hagar era's ass. Hell, I even saw the DLR / Sammy tour a few years ago, and Dave wiped the floor with Sammy then.

Maybe you should spend a little less time being so self-centered...while you lilke to think it's all about you, it's not. You're the king dumbass of this board, and frankly, I'm embarrassed to live in the same state as you.

Funny, when I saw the Hagar/Roth tour, everyone was leaving during DLR's set. And again, if Van Hagar sucked so bad, then why did every studio release go to Number 1. Your opinions are not based on facts. I will at least do the homework to back up my statements. Homework is something you obviously didn't do enough of when you had the chance. It's not too late. I tutor. $60 an hour, but call early, summer is nearly here and my schedule is filling up:wave:

P.S. I'll be at a sold out Sammy arena show, whilst you can so see Roth in a bar somewhere this summer.

"And again, if Van Hagar sucked so bad, then why did every studio release go to Number 1. Your opinions are not based on facts. I will at least do the homework to back up my statements."

You wanna talk numbers? What the hell does a number one album prove? That you had big sales the first week your album was out? There's practically a new # 1 album each week. Every fucking N'Sync and Destiny's Child album has went # 1. Wow, impressive. You want some facts, or "factually knowledge" as you put it?

I already put this on the Sludge board a long time ago cuz some buffoon was arguing that VH sold more albums with Hagar than Roth.

RIAA Certifications w/ DLR:

VH I - 10 million (certified 8/7/96)
VH II - 5 million (certified 5/12/04)
Women & Children First - 3 million (certified 8/4/94)
Fair Warning - 2 million (certified 8/4/94)
Diver Down - 4 million (certified 5/21/98)
1984 - 10 million (certified 2/8/99)

That's 34 million sold on 6 albums.

Now, RIAA certs with Sammy:

5150 - 6 million (certified 5/12/04)
OU812 - 4 million (certified 5/12/04)
F.U.C.K. - 3 million (certified 8/4/94)
Live:RHRN - 2 million (certified 9/20/93)
Balance - 3 million (certified 5/12/04)

For 5 albums, that's 18 million. Granted, one album less for the Sammy line-up, but VH I and 1984 alone account for more than all the Hagar albums.

Also, the Best Of: Volume 1 sold 3 million (as of 5/12/04) and the Best of Both Worlds comp has done 1 million. Split that shit in half, so that's two more mil apiece...but it doesn't make any difference. The numbers don't lie.

As Spitz would tell you...DO THE MATH!

"Homework is something you obviously didn't do enough of when you had the chance. It's not too late. I tutor. $60 an hour, but call early, summer is nearly here and my schedule is filling up"

That's OK, I don't need your help with any education. I've got a B.A. Yet once again, you have to throw in some comment to show how important you are.

Now, go put on your happy pants and run along...go "make the world a better place".

And quit calling the band VAN HAGAR. That shit is played out. The name is VAN HALEN.