Opeth on Ozzfest?

no, I won that piece of shit DVD. And the DVD player.

I won the raffle and so they gave me them.

it was like... 2:00 AM on New years and I had just finished headbanging and moshing.

NFU, the way you play innocent as you simultaneously insult people is beyond obnoxious.
The irony in watching you slam others for fanboyism while you post a picture of yourself in the best "Mike outfit" you can muster (right down to the fucking 70's jacket) is almost comedy. I really try to avoid getting personal on forums, but you are such a dipshit that i cant help myself.

As for Ozzfest: I simply cant fathom (outside of purely a monetary decision) why anyone would think its a good fit for Opeth. I would lose a lot of respect and enthusiasim for the guys, not soley because they "just so happened" to play Ozzfest. Playing such a tour is indicitive of a much greater mindset and one that is at odds with what theve show us so far; a change that could only negatively affect the quality of their music.

Justin S. said:
NFU, the way you play innocent as you simultaneously insult people is beyond obnoxious.
The irony in watching you slam others for fanboyism while you post a picture of yourself in the best "Mike outfit" you can muster (right down to the fucking 70's jacket) is almost comedy. I really try to avoid getting personal on forums, but you are such a dipshit that i cant help myself.

As for Ozzfest: I simply cant fathom (outside of purely a monetary decision) why anyone would think its a good fit for Opeth. I would lose a lot of respect and enthusiasim for the guys, not soley because they "just so happened" to play Ozzfest. Playing such a tour is indicitive of a much greater mindset and one that is at odds with what theve show us so far; a change that could only negatively affect the quality of their music.

i dont dress like mikael you foolish boy. you act like mikael invented the 70s...even though he wasnt even old enough to acknowledge music until the early 80s. my jacket i wear is because its winter...and it tends to get cold during winter. granted i do dress "retro" or whatevr youd like to call it, but bands like zeppelin, and sabbath would influence that FAR more than Opeth...who simply wear black 95% of the time...as im sure everyone here usually does...how original.

i dont really see where youre going with that whatsoever...maybe just trying to poke holes at me due to some inferiority complex. and if having a particular style of dress makes me a dipshit to you, then you are maybe the saddest and most dilluted person on this forum...congratulations.

you children really blow my mind sometimes...its amazing.

and i wasnt playing innocent...granted i did call him stupid for saying a band deserves less respect for trying to pay their bills...but i dont think thats totally out of line...compared to the absolutely irrelevant personal attacks on my taste in music and in clothing which you pathetic idiots cant seem to help from doing. grow up.

haggard said:
You're such a poophead. :mad:

lets just bury the hatchett. i apologize for calling you stupid. i disagree with you still, but thats life...lets move on.

apprently justin S. wants a piece of nine feet now...so now i have to endure yet another pissing contest. this guy obviously has a severe inferiority complex fueling his anger though...its slightly more volitile. ;)

Moonlapse said:
heh, is it just me or does post #68 only exemplify exactly what Justin's first topic sentence stated?

defending myself from people insulting me and my supposed "flaws" by pointing out obvious ones of their own is normal in any such debate...ive seen you do it too moonlapse.

or do you want a piece too?

NineFeetUnderground said:
lets just bury the hatchett. i apologize for calling you stupid. i disagree with you still, but thats life...lets move on.

You got it (I was kidding anyway). Let's agree to disagree...it shouldn't have gone as far as it did. So, as of now, you're cool with me....I've also had several beers, so now everyone is cool with me! yay!

apprently justin S. wants a piece of nine feet now...so now i have to endure yet another pissing contest. this guy obviously has a severe inferiority complex fueling his anger though...its slightly more volitile. ;)

Let it go dude...be the bigger man.

haggard said:
You got it (I was kidding anyway). Let's agree to disagree...it shouldn't have gone as far as it did. So, as of now, you're cool with me....I've also had several beers, so now everyone is cool with me! yay!

Let it go dude...be the bigger man.

"the better man! greatest guitarist in the worrrrld, yeaa...self taught! no thanks to you dad!!!"

no but seriously, id love to...but i dont really put up with slander. if he has a problem with what i say on the topic of things, thats fine...we can debate. but for him to start calling me a dipshit because i own a jacket similar to 35785 people...then thats where i have to draw the line. i never once attacked this guy for anything personal like that...nor anyone else on this forum. hes way out of line. its an element we do not need on this forum.

All right...

I've been watchin the arguments go left and right (or I guess it were the insults that were getting frequent flyer miles roflmao), and I basically think it's high time for cooler heads to prevail. Easier said than done, I know, but it would make discussion more robust, don't you guys think? ;)

As for my opinion, Opeth can play wherever they like--it would be the prerogative of their newly-acquired fanbase (should they decide to play in Ozzfest) to educate themselves about the group they're listening to. Another thing easier said than done with today's crop (others call it "crap") of rock/metal/whatver you call it fans, but hey, can't stop a guy from hoping...

One day when you guys achieve shredder status, you will realize music is music..if its heavy..its heavy, and we like that. Some good points being made on this board though...

Personally I think if Opeth played ozzfest it would only be a positive thing. I'm sorry if your ultra-nordic musical pride is hurt in the process but music is made to be enjoyed by all, not just us super elitists.

If they did it, Ozzfest would only get better in my opinion, and I might go for once. I'm sure everyone person on here would too.

Quoting NFU:

"i dont dress like mikael you foolish boy"- My fault, absolutely no similarity whatsoever. :lol:

"my jacket i wear is because its winter...and it tends to get cold during winter" -Yes, its quite frigid in southern California- but thats beside the point

"maybe just trying to poke holes at me due to some inferiority complex"
-Its always that with poeple who dont like you isnt it?

"you children really blow my mind sometimes...its amazing."

"you pathetic idiots cant seem to help from doing. grow up."

and then...

"thanks demilich. glad theres still some rationale and maturity left on this forum."

Yes, you are the shining example of reason and maturity. NFU, my dislike of you does not originate with, or center around your clothing choice. Ive been reading this board long enough now to see what a joke your online persona is. If others cant see through it, than nothing i type will change that. I simply want you to know that there are people on this forum that see what a piece of shit you are, and get tired of your posing and arrogance.

"apprently justin S. wants a piece of nine feet now"
Sure do, you big hunk of man... and your jacket. :tickled: