Opeth at OZZFEST 2004

Please....please don't vote for them!!! What's next after Ozzfest? MTV? VH1 Behind the Music? FUK THAT!!! Ozzfest gets some of the shittest bands ever. It would be an insult for them to be on the bill. The only thing that could be worse is if Devildriver opened for them, oh wait...nevermind. PLEASE DON'T VOTE!!!! PROTECT GREAT MUSIC!!!! IT'S A RARE BREED THESE DAYS!!!

Jock La Crotch said:
Please....please don't vote for them!!! What's next after Ozzfest? MTV? VH1 Behind the Music? FUK THAT!!! Ozzfest gets some of the shittest bands ever. It would be an insult for them to be on the bill. The only thing that could be worse is if Devildriver opened for them, oh wait...nevermind. PLEASE DON'T VOTE!!!! PROTECT GREAT MUSIC!!!! IT'S A RARE BREED THESE DAYS!!!
now thats just retarded.

personally, i think it would be awesome to see Opeth at Ozzfest, but im not gonna vote simply for the fact that i don't want to hear so many whiny bitches like this one.

Isn't it about the music? why should you give a fuck. Meshuggah were at Ozzfest. was there anything wrong with that?

SunlapseVertigo said:
now thats just retarded.

personally, i think it would be awesome to see Opeth at Ozzfest, but im not gonna vote simply for the fact that i don't want to hear so many whiny bitches like this one.

Isn't it about the music? why should you give a fuck. Meshuggah were at Ozzfest. was there anything wrong with that?
You got your head up your ass. It is about the music. The past 3 or 4 Ozzfests have been shit. You watch too much MTV and are brainwashed, but at least your proud...so I'll give you that. "Whiny bitches like this one." That really hurts. :tickled:

Jock La Crotch said:
You got your head up your ass. It is about the music. The past 3 or 4 Ozzfests have been shit. You watch too much MTV and are brainwashed, but at least your proud...so I'll give you that. "Whiny bitches like this one." That really hurts. :tickled:
"you watch too much MTV and are brainwashed"...... well that shows just how much you know. It's all about the music, in that, you shouldnt give a crap if Opeth plays on a certain tour. you know so little about me its funny.

"OMG NOOOOOOOO DONT LET OPETH BECOME RELATIVELY POPULAR!!!!"

haha the old 'you are untr00' vs 'its all about the music' arguement again :lol:.

Meshuggah suck now, Ozzfest has almost always sucked, and Opeth's music doesn't fit in with all the manufactured crap that nail setlists there, so I don't think I'll vote.

Fear Factory were at Ozzfest. did that make them suck?
Killswitch Engage were at Ozzfest. did that make them suck?

I guess you all are just too tr00 for me huh :lol:
I once knew a kid who called Ill Nino 'popular and now shitty' because he saw them on a commercial promoting their new album "Confessions" on Muchmusic USA/Fuse. Where's the proof in there that designates any band who does a commercial as shitty?

oh god, not this shit again. I'm not gonna be involved in yet another redundant debate about this.

reason I said Meshuggah suck is because musically 'Nothing' doesn't even compare to their older catalogue. You can also see by their new watered down music WHY they played at ozzfest, and toured with the bands they did. Things like that took their toll on In Flames too. Anyway, no more.

Moonlapse said:
oh god, not this shit again. I'm not gonna be involved in yet another redundant debate about this.

reason I said Meshuggah suck is because musically 'Nothing' doesn't even compare to their older catalogue. You can also see by their new watered down music WHY they played at ozzfest, and toured with the bands they did. Things like that took their toll on In Flames too. Anyway, no more.
DEI is far more accessable and catchy (which in no way means it is inferior) than "Nothing", which is an extremely complex and mechanical album. and the statement "because their new stuff is watered down is why they played Ozzfest" is absolutely absurd. Ozzy Ozzbourne's son is a fan of Meshuggah, and he helped them get on. some of you people need to get off your high horse and realize that just because you listen to music that is generally more complex and/or less mainstream than most of the people at Ozzfest you are not superior to them. They are not morons either, and its not as if they say things like, "oh this album has less polyrhythms than this one, I like it better" which you were probably implying with Meshuggah's new material being watered down and less complex (hah....... yeah right). I used to be a nu-metal fan in general, it was what was there, it was what I liked. and thats all I cared about, was that I liked what I was hearing. They are no different from you, you may look at them and think they are such "fags" or "morons" etc.... but everyone has their own music. But why am I even bothering? you've already shown me that you seem to think that not everyone's opinion in music is equal, so its hopeless.

and oh yeah, my favorite band Neurosis played Ozzfest too just to add...... AND LOOK AT THEM NOW!!!! ALL THOSE HOMO NU-METAL FAGS ARE WEARING NEUROSIS T-SHIRTS, THOSE FAGS!!! AND NEUROSIS NO LONGER PLAY 10 MINUTE HEAVY, SLUDGY DIRGES, BUT NOW THEY ARE POP MUSIC!!!!!!! ALL BECAUSE OF ALL THOSE NU-METAL FAGS!

If they did perfect excuse to go to Ozzfest.
Exactly...my friend really wants me to go to the next Ozzfest because hes a huge Ozzy fan and he went last year (when Ozzy had laryngitis..lol) and had a good time...he is begging us to go with him this year and if Opeth or anyone remotely cool is playing then maybe ill go..

i cant stand when people think there soo cool just because there music is underground, what the hells the difference as long there music kicks ass?. at least ozzfest will have one bad ass band and alota people will see what real metal is all about. and to jock la crotch they wer on mtv2 does that count? have you lost respect for them now? are ya a fan of the music or the fact that there underground?

i kinda see both sides of the argument here.

one the one hand, opeth will play ozzfest and get loads of people really into good metal, and promote the band really well.

on the other hand, all the fucking kiddies will go to opeth concerts saying 'uuuuh yeh they were at ozzfest so they must be as good as slipknot' and make the opeth concert crowd full of wankers.

ChrisEmerson said:
on the other hand, all the fucking kiddies will go to opeth concerts saying 'uuuuh yeh they were at ozzfest so they must be as good as slipknot' and make the opeth concert crowd full of wankers.
this where the argument fails, because this is quite stereotypical. I used to be a big Slipknot fan. I've been to several Ozzfests. And I listened to Slipknot because it was what I heard, and I liked what I was hearing. People need to realize that most that go to Ozzfest go just to hear and see the music they like, and to have a good time. Just like any of us.

Yeah, there are plenty of morons that act that way. But every style of music has its large share of morons. "Tr00 kvlt gr1m black metal" elitists are the worst in paticular.

Jesus Cocksucker Christ. What the fuck does Ozzfest have to do with any single band and their music? Yeah sure, a lot of "posers" show up to those events with the only intentions being to smoke as much weed as possible, count each other's body piercings, and then mosh, mosh, mosh no matter what is playing, whether it is Linkin Park or Travis Tritt. Yeah, I hate the little fuckers that go to those Ozzfests, and yes, I also hate the majority of bands that play it as well. But I do not believe that playing an Ozzfest will stigmatize a band, or cause one to lose credibility. We all know what Opeth is about, and I support them if they ever choose to go to Ozzfest. They deserve it, that is, the notoriety, the money, and the acceptance into a more mainstream culture. I mean Christ, Opeth have been working their asses off for the better part of a decade. Ozzfest a bad thing? By definition yes, by career opportunities no. Period.