Vote to have Anthrax on Ozzfest 2004

i know this sounds negative but it aint gonna happen,they could get 10 thousand votes and still not bat an eyelid,anyway ozzfest aint apecial anymore and why should anthrax pay huge bucks to get 30 to 40 minutes on a side stage!!!

mrthrax said:
i know this sounds negative but it aint gonna happen,they could get 10 thousand votes and still not bat an eyelid,anyway ozzfest aint apecial anymore and why should anthrax pay huge bucks to get 30 to 40 minutes on a side stage!!!
Amen to that shit. Fuck Ozzfest. But, you do realize that if this album suddenly takes off then Sharon and co. would be itching to have 'em. Fucked up ain't it?

Anthrax would never do Ozzfest. Ozzfest is Ozzy's way of givning the younger bands some recognition. The whole idea behind Ozzfest is not only to make a shit load of money but for the up and coming metal/hard rock bands to gain a following. I went to Ozzfest this past summer Ozzy's needed to quite for a number of years now and he showed it at the show. The best band there was Disturbed who got a better reaction and put on a better show than Ozzy did. As cool as Anthrax would be to play it they just don't fit into the current Ozzfest plan. They would've fit in when Ozzfest first started when they had established metal bands like Sepultura, Type O Negative and Pantera play but now it's all about the young acts and Anthrax just doesn't fit into that.

I also think that if they did do Ozzfest a lot of the feel for their show would be lost becasue they are more of a smaller venue band. If Anthrax wants to go back out on the road this summer let them do it on their own. I'd gladly take another 95 min. set from them rather than getting only 45 minutes on Ozzfest.

Rock On!

Anthrax ARE up and coming as far as I'm concerned. They've been out of the spotlight for so long, they are making their best material to date...they need on a big festival show.

ThraxFan78 said:
I also think that if they did do Ozzfest a lot of the feel for their show would be lost becasue they are more of a smaller venue band

Anthrax did play in many big venues and stadiums, they played Monsters Of Rock in the 80's so i wouldn't call them a smaller venue band. i don't think that the feeling for their show would be lost at Ozzfest because they have been in this business for more than 20 years, they have the experience and they know much better than a young band how to handle with the crowd.

Deege said:
Anthrax ARE up and coming as far as I'm concerned. They've been out of the spotlight for so long, they are making their best material to date...they need on a big festival show.

I have to disagree with that they're up and coming. Any band that's been around for 20 years can hardly be considered that. They've been out of the spot light becasue weather we want to accept it or not their time as one of the "big four" in metal has long past. WCFYA is their best album with Bush but they are hardly writing the best material to date right now. Their albums with Bush rule and Bush is an excellent singer and has a great stage presence but my opinion is that Anthrax will never write as good of material as they did from '85-'90.

Maybe they do need some big festival shows/tours and I know the band wants to make money and be as sucessful as possible but they may really not even want that kind of attention any more. I love as much as anyone to see Anthrax blow up and be as popular as they used to be but that probably won't happen again. Like most bands once their time is done, it's done and there's usually no getting back to the sucess they've had. I know i'm sounding kind of negative here but the reality is Anthrax most likely won't reach the peak they were at before. Some big festivals might help it a bit but i'm not sure how much impact it'll have now when the band gets no radio/video rotation or promotion.

Rock On!

Thrashard said:
Anthrax did play in many big venues and stadiums, they played Monsters Of Rock in the 80's so i wouldn't call them a smaller venue band. i don't think that the feeling for their show would be lost at Ozzfest because they have been in this business for more than 20 years, they have the experience and they know much better than a young band how to handle with the crowd.

I know about the monsters of rock torus they've been on and John Bush is one of the best i've seen at working a crowd. It could deffinately work out well for them on Ozzfest but it seems that besides Ozzy there's only a couple bands who really benefit from Ozzfest and they tend to be modern metal bands like Disturbed,Korn,System of a Down and Marlyn Manson. I just fear that no matter how good Anthrax's shows are if they did Ozzfest they would just get lost in the shuffle of all the bands that play on that tour. Since Ozzfest has gotten so big the only bands that have seemed to capitalize off it are the ones that have already got heavy rotation on MTV and radio. These bands also have strong lable support and Anthrax doesn't have any of that working for them right now. That maybe more of a reason to do something like this but I just don't think it'll work here in america because people tend to forget about bands if they don't have the media support to go with them. A festival like this could work for them in Europe or Brazil where they seem to appriciate metal more but here in the US i'm not sure about it.

Rock On!

So I guess no one is voting for them? What the fuck is that about, everyone always bitches that Anthrax doesn't get enough exposure and that they are disappointed when there are only about 200 people in some crappy club. If they went on Ozzfest, they could get more exposure, especially to the new generation of metal heads, and on their off days, they could still play their regular 90 minute sets. It seems like you guys wanna keep them down, but personally, I want Anthrax to be wildly successful so that everyone can listen to them, I'm sorry to say that I'm very disappointed

ThinkAboutYourEnd said:
It seems like you guys wanna keep them down, but personally, I want Anthrax to be wildly successful so that everyone can listen to them, I'm sorry to say that I'm very disappointed

Don't blame any of the fans for keeping them down. I've been a fan since 1990 and as a fan there isn't very much you can do to promote your bands when people don't give a fuck about them and don't listen to you. As fans we can do very little to help promote the band besides buying the records,going to the shows and telling friends and others about them. We are surely not to blame for the lack of promotion for shows and their albums. That falls directly on the record lable's and tour management. This may sound strange but I don't really care if Anthrax blows up and becomes big again. I like them just the way they are right now. I don't care if their albums go gold anymore or not. I enjoy their work and that's the most important thing as a fan.

Also, as I stated before, no matter how negative this sounds, Anthrax will never reach the ammount of success they had in the 80's and early 90's ever again. I know a lot of fans hope that it's not the case but the reality is they won't ever be that big again. Newer metal fans just won't give a fuck about them. If a song like Safe Home can't get Anthrax noticed again what the hell will?

Rock On!

So now that the Ozzfest survey is on the N.F.W.S, who's gonna support them now? I've already voted 8 times, I just use a different computer everytime so I can vote as many times as it takes, seeing Anthrax and Ozzy on the same day would rock.