OZZFEST IF FREE THIS YEAR...!!!

waz416c

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2005
http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/video_news/ozzfest_tickets_for_2007_are_free.html

Ozzfest 2007 will be free, and no your ears and eyes are not deceiving you, and this isn't speculative reporting. Although no dates have been announced, Ozzy and Sharon said they wanted to give back to the fans, and the prince of darkness actually will play all 23 dates of the fest.

At the press conference Ozzy shocked members of the press and touring industry with the announcement.

Video clip :

Watch video: Ozzy Announces Free OzzFest At Press Conference

[Sharon] "Thank you so much for everyone being here today... Ozzy?" [Ozzy] "Hello. We've got an announcement to make. This year's Ozzfest is... (takes out spray-paint and writes 'Free' on the wall to press and concert industry's amazement)... and mind you we're only doing one night at the Rainbow." [Sharon] "Oh, funny."

The prince of darkness then told us why.

Watch video: Ozzy Talks About OzzFest Being Free

"It's a good challenge for anyone just to go (out for free). Because the kids that go there haven't got much anyway, and without those kids we wouldn't be living in these high-style houses and driving flashy cars and all of this. Sharon said to me, 'You know what? Rock and roll is outpricing itself, you know?'"

The Osbournes and tour promoter Live Nation said that the tour this year will be dubbed FreeFest, Sharon said it will revolutionize the touring industry. As for who will play Ozzfest for free, stay tuned tomorrow when we have some answers from the Osbourne

..........wow...thats one thing Sharon got right...i might jsut finally go then.....PEAC EOUT

Sharon is a fucking bitch - they're probably doing this for what happened to Maiden :mad:

edit: Not to mention their ticket sales :lol:

They fucked around on Maiden's set during one of the shows and pelted shit at the guys because Sharon claims that Bruce had been an ass throughout the tour. Ass or not, Maiden was the only reason I went that year.

that's pretty crazy.
Listening to Die Young right now, it'd be cool if Heaven and Hell came somewhere close to OK.

it's a free festival you guys are having there. you guys are gonna see sabbath for free. how about shutting up and enjoying it?

these kids are so bitchy these days.....!!!!!....relaly...its FREEE....goddamn it...!!!..jsut enjoy it...!!!!......i knwo Im goin....Ozzy for free..Sabbath...i mena..come on....PEAC EOUT

I do agree that the vendor prices will probably be out the ass. I think the free thing is cool and all but I'm curios as to just how many bands are gonna play a festival with those kind of conditions. I only attended Ozzfest in 05 because of Maiden and if there's decent bands, I may go this year. I can't stand Sharon but I think this idea may turn out to be a good thing and as much as I hate to admit it, bands that play ozzfest will be seen by lots and lots of kids, building a bigger fanbase. I think this could be the opportunity for some lesser known bands to hop onboard and really get noticed and maybe get the credit they deserve. I like the idea, but I'll have to see just who's playing before I go.