Judas Priest on Ozzfest?

Heavenly Call

Jul 30, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.myspace.com
I hope the fact that Judas Priest is doing Ozzfest does not deter them from their own headlining tour. I don't know if I can afford the sure-to-be OUTRAGEOUS ticket prices of Ozzfest for really one band. I was surprised to see that they would do Ozzfest anyway...especially sandwiched between slipknot, slayer, and Ozzy...hmmmm....oh well.

yeah, i'm hoping the same thing. early rumors had Judas Priest, Damageplan, and Velvet Revolver all being on ozzfest, which really would have pissed me off since i want to see headlining shows from all 3. I really hope Priest tours seperately since all they'll get on ozzfest is like an hour and a half at most.

Ryan

I dont know if I'll be able to see Priest at Mallcorefest2k4 because if I went Id end up getting into numerous fights or kicked out for shitting in my hand and lobbing it at Slipknot, or System of a Down Syndrome or any number of the bands, fans, vendors in general. But God, it IS Judas Priest... with Halford.

Ben

Judas Priest & Slayer on one bill? I'm there regardless. I can always leave before Ozzy hits the stage... Saw the Sabbath reunion 'Fest and a couple more.. I'm about Ozzied out, he doesn't impress me much live, aside from when his voice doesn't crack while he's singing.

If Damageplan headlines the 2nd stage it would be even more worth the price of going, that new album is pretty good.

actually, there are some pretty good bands being mentioned as I think with this rumored to be last ozzfest, they are trying to go out with a bang. very few nu rock acts, and metalcore acts. Mixing in real metal along with even some black metal(dimmu borgir) along with Queen meets AC/DC the Darkness are even going to be part of it.

Latest rumour has In Flames and Killswitch Engage on the main stage, Dimmu Borgir possibly headlining the side-stage (Death Cult Armageddon has cracked the Billboard USA Top 100, I hear), and Judas Priest with Rob Halford headlining. Maybe with Ozzy, maybe not. There's a sharp division at the top on THAT one.

JUDAS PRIEST playing Ozzfest is a joke! A reunion with Rob Halford that could spawn a massive headlining effort of their own and they decide to join this buffoon! I like Ozzy, but his time has passed. He's a parody of himself. People laugh at him now. His voice live is barely audible and cracks often enough to show that he just can't bring it anymore. Priest could've joined Iron Maiden and say Iced Earth on a package tour that would have been second to none. I just don't understand the logic here, unless it is all about the money. I hope I'm mistaken!

I think it would kick ass if Priest and Megadeth did a tour, being they are both reunited.

Bah. This is sad. It's Judas fucking Priest with Halford and they are latching on to this horrendous joke of a tour. I'm gonna pray that they release other tour info that will happen after Mallcorefest takes place.

Ben

EisNinja said:
I think it would kick ass if Priest and Megadeth did a tour, being they are both reunited.

Megadeth are only reunited in a studio capacity. as far as i understand everything, Poland was only doing session work, so they don't have a guitarist. I may be wrong; if I am that would be cool. also, even as good as the new clip sounds (as much as it can reveal, being one riff on a loop), it's sad to see a megadeth without Dave Ellefson.

Ryan